Chapter Thirty One

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

LAST CHANCES

"Phuwin, I love you..."

Pond wanted to confess his feelings to Phuwin, but unfortunately, Phuwin had already left the dorm and didn't hear him. Pond laughed at himself for not being able to say it directly to Phuwin. Although he decided to focus his feelings on Phuwin from now on, he had a feeling that it was too late. But, since this was his last chance, he wanted to take a gamble and confess his true feelings to Phuwin directly after their final match.

Pond then headed to the building where his final math competition would be held. But before that, he needed to find his best friend to congratulate him for winning the MVP title for the third time in a row and becoming the champion again this year.

Pond walked around looking for Joong because he couldn't find him, Neo said that he was in so much pain that it was too unbearable so he was sent to the infirmary right after the match ended. Pond was surprised and hurried to go to the infirmary, to his surprise, he saw Dunk was there besides a sleeping Joong.

Pond didn't dare to come inside as this was the first time he saw Dunk look at Joong with fondness and eyes full of love. Pond knew that Dunk had a crush on Joong but he didn't expect to be developed into love.

Why is Pond so sure that Dunk loves Joong?

He can see and feel the way Dunk looks at Joong like the way James looks at Joong or himself looks at Phuwin.

Dr Jimmy notices Pond standing in front of the infirmary, "Pond, aren't you supposed to be at the venue for your match?" He said as walk close to Pond

"How's Joong's condition?" Pond ask

"He's fine, the painkiller was worn out as the game ended and the excruciating pain hit him like a truck," Dr. Jimmy said sarcastically joking while glancing at Joong

Pond sighed in relief but was suddenly hit with dizziness, Dr. Jimmy noticed and tried to help him but Pond stopped him as he didn't want Dunk to notice the commotion.

"I think mine is also worn out, can I take another dose?" Pond asks jokingly while holding his head

"Pond, that wasn't funny," Dr. Jimmy said in concern.

"Doc, please?" Pond begs and Dr. Jimmy can't help to give another high dose of painkiller to Pond.

"I don't know if this is going to subside the pain and dizziness since you are already used to the high dose of painkiller," Dr Jimmy warns Pond

Pond just smiled, "This is my last chance so I need to take the risk," he said, "I leave Joong in your care, Doc," and then he walked away to his final match venue.

Dr. Jimmy sees Pond walk away from him with sad eyes. As much as he wanted to stop Pond from going to compete, he knew that was impossible. Learning how stubborn Pond is and knowing the reason behind it.

Meanwhile, Phuwin meets his teammates at the venue to discuss the strategy they will use for the final match. But then, he noticed that 30 minutes before the match began, he couldn't find Pond anywhere. Phuwin frowned, shouldn't he be here? He thought as he looked around the hall.

"Hey Phuwin," Cooheart called Phuwin, "what are you looking around at?"

"Huh? Uh...nothing,"

"Are you sure? Because you look panicked,"

"Nothing..."

"Guys, is it just me or I couldn't find Phuwin's crush anywhere," BimBeam said jokingly and Phuwin responded in cute 'Huh?!'

"Phuwin's crush?" Love ask cluelessly

"You know, the Guy that keeps teasing and making Phuwin irritated for the past 2 years," BimBeam explained and Love still didn't get any idea

"Who?"

"Oh, Love, you know, that St. Gabriel guy..."

"Oooohhh..."

"What are you guys talking about, who's crush? I don't have any crushes on anyone let alone in the opposite team," Phuwin said and his tone was serious, "Stop with the nonsense and back to our strategy, this is our last chance to get that winning trophy,"

Cooheart, BimBeam and Love stop with their tease as he senses their Leader being very serious and a bit scary.

"Sorry..."

As they are back to being serious with their strategy, Phuwin spotted Pond walk into the hall straight to his team. The audience cheered as he entered the Hall, especially from the girls.

Phuwin senses something off with Pond at that time, he notices the sweat on his forehead even though the cooler was so strong and he also looks paler than before.

NuNew who noticed Pond's complexion was different than usual, and pulled him aside, "Pond, are you okay?" He asks in concern with a soft tone so the others can't hear

Pond just smiled and patted NuNew's shoulder gently to ensure he was completely fine.

POND POV

I guess the high-dose painkiller from Dr. Jimmy still didn't subside the pain completely, even though I drank twice the amount. I know it wasn't a good mood, but I need to take that risk.

I see Phuwin focusing on this competition,  I should not disappoint him, since he wants to defeat me and take the winning trophy. So I should take this seriously too. Even, I need to push myself to the limits.

I think I know what Joong felt earlier. No matter how painful it is, you can't give up.

I just need to endure it.

Hey, Phu, even though this is my last chance, I'll not make you make that sad and disappointed face ever again. I will seriously take on you in this match, this time is full power. I'm going to show how serious I am.

You know Phu, no matter how many times I dated other people or kissed them or had platonic relationships with James, my feelings for you remain the same.

___________

Another update for you my lovely readers!

Hope you like it na 💜

I'm planning to continue updating for the next chapter since the plot in my head keeps flowing 😂

I hope I can make it 😁