Chapter Twenty Nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

ADMITTING & REALIZATIONS

The score between HARROW and St. Gabriel remains unchanged, with St. Gabriel is still leading by 10 points. However, Joong is no longer marking Dunk man-to-man full-court, instead only pressuring him when he has the ball.

Despite Dr. Jimmy giving him high doses of painkillers, Joong still feels pain during certain movements. Dunk has noticed this, and to avoid hurting Joong, he doesn't try to dribble past him when they face each other one-on-one. Instead, he passes the ball to his teammates. This has irritated Joong, who thinks that Dunk is playing it safe and not taking the game seriously.

Joong finally has had enough. He steals a pass meant for Dunk and dribbles to HARROW's basket for an easy lay-up shot. After scoring, Joong turns to face Dunk who is running behind him.

"If you keep playing like this, it means you're not taking this game seriously. I'm disappointed - I thought you were better than this. In the end, what you said earlier was just empty words," Joong says coldly before walking away from Dunk.

Dunk stood under the basket, stunned by what Joong said. Dunk thought that he was used to Joong's cold tone or words, but this time, he felt hurt. Dunk also sees the disappointed look in Joong's eyes.

"Dunk, you ok there?" Marc asks tapping Dunk's back

Dunk didn't say anything but Marc noticed Dunk's eyes start watering, Marc didn't hear what Joong was saying to Dunk but it was affecting his captain. Marc signalled his coach to take 'time' and later the referee blew the whistle for 1 minute break time for both teams.

While HARROW's coach explains further instructions for the next plan, Marc pulls Dunk to the side for a second.

"Dunk, please get yourself together," Marc said while holding a bottle of water for him

"I don't know what he said to you earlier, but we're in the middle of the game, this is the last quarter, this is our last game in high school, and you're our Captain, if you can't pull yourself together, that's same as we are already lost," Marc continue

"But, I...his knee..."

"Dunk, injuries happen in all games, to all players, if you are playing halfheartedly like this, this is the same as ignoring Joong's efforts to endure his pain and who is back to the game to play against you,"

Dunk just listening to his vice-captain, his other teammates also heard it. He realizes that the action he did just hurt Joong more, he was serious with this game while enduring the excruciating pain on his knee.

"If you still act like this, better Coach take you out"

"I'M SORRY GUYS!" Dunk shouts in apologies to Marc, his teammates and his coach. Everyone was surprised

"I was acting fools, I'm sorry! As the Captain, I forget the trust you guys gave to me, I'm very sorry!" Dunk said, "I realize it now, I won't play halfheartedly, I'll go full power this time, I forgot our goal earlier, let me make it up to you guys!"

"That's our Captain! This is our last year before graduation, let's take that winning trophy from them!" Said one of the teammates