Chapter Forty

Prepare yourself and your heart, because it's quite a long chapter.

And a box of tissues 🤭

____________

CHAPTER FORTY

THE GREATEST FEAR

After admitting his feelings to Phuwin, Pond wants to ask Phuwin to be his boyfriend, but Gemini suddenly appears and asks Phuwin to go with him. Deep down, Pond doesn't want to let Phuwin go, but he has no choice. Pond watches as Phuwin walks away, getting further and further from him, with sadness in his eyes, even though he's smiling.

As Pond walks back to the dorm, his phone suddenly rings. It's from his dad, Earth.

"Hi, Dad," Pond said answering the phone call

Hi, Son. How are you doing?

"Fine, I guess,"

How's the final?

"I lost, but I did my best just, I let my guard down for a second,"

Is the dizziness getting worse? Jimmy told me everything. About you taking twice the amount of the painkillers.

"I'm sorry Dad,"

I understand, Son.

"At least, I finally confess my feelings to Phuwin,"

And his response?

Pond didn't answer his Dad's questions.

"Let's talk about that later, Dad," Pond said, "So, why are you calling?"

Can you go back home now? There are some important issues we need to discuss.

Pond sighed, he could guess that the important issue was about his condition. Pond knew that sooner or later he needed to be admitted to the hospital.

"Can I go back after Fourth's final performance?"

Pond...Son, with the intensity of your dizziness, I'm afraid we can't dawdle anymore. You need to pay more attention to your condition.

"Fine. I will be home in an hour." Pond said

Thank you, Son. Please drive safe, na.

Pond ended the phone call and walked back to his dorm to grab his shoulder bag and his car key.

"I guess, I'll be back before Fourth performance. I know he'll be frantic knowing that I wasn't there with him," Pond mumbled himself and then processed himself to his car in the dorm parking lot.

But before he starts his car engine, he texts Fourth that he'll go back home and promises him that he'll be back before his performance begins.

< The Pirapat Residence >