Chapter Forty Two

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

STAY WITH ME

Force walked into Pond's room to check on his condition and found him lying on the floor. He tried not to panic as he checked on Pond and pressed the emergency button to call a nurse. Before moving Pond's body, Force checked if he had hit his head to ensure it was safe to do so. Pond still had a pulse, but it was weak, and there was an injury on his forehead.

The nurse arrived shortly after, followed by Earth and Mix, who had come at the same time. Force urgently instructed the nurse to prepare the surgery room. Meanwhile, Earth and Mix saw their son lying on the floor and panicked.

Force didn't have time to answer Earth's question as he carefully lifted Pond's body back to his bed. Force stated that Pond needed immediate surgery and prepared Pond's bed to be mobile. With the help of another male nurse, Pond was transferred to the surgery room. Earth and Mix followed but were stopped at the door as no one was allowed to enter the surgery room.

Earth called Fourth to inform him that Pond was in critical condition and was now in the surgery room.

Not long after, Fourth arrived with Gemini, Phuwin, Joong and Dunk. They looked shocked and panicked too, especially Fourth. Mix then hugged his younger son.

Fourth still in the stage of shock. He didn't know how to process it, everything just came together in one go.

Joong walks towards Earth, "Uncle Earth, does Pond have a brain tumor?" Joong asks, trying to calm down but his trembling

Earth takes a deep breath, he then explains about Pond's condition, why he's in critical condition right now and needs to be operated on immediately.

This is truly devastating news, it's like dropping a nuclear bomb. Everyone is shocked.

Joong thinks that he knows everything about his best friend, although he has suspicion but decides to give Pond time until he's ready to tell him but he regrets that. If he knew from the start about his best friend's condition, he'd force him to be admitted to the hospital immediately.

Dunk stays beside his now-boyfriend, who looks so devastated knowing about the truth. Dunk was also shocked, he couldn't believe what he had just heard. But, he is most worried is Phuwin, he looks at his Nong who doesn't say anything. Just stand still, petrified.

Phuwin started hyperventilating, Gemini felt it and approached his twins to calm him down. Gemini put Phuwin down to sit. He can feel what Phuwin feels. It's excruciating. Gemini can only hug his twins, this makes Phuwin start crying.

Meanwhile, inside the surgery room. Force alongside Jimmy, trying their best to remove as much of the tumour as possible without causing any lasting neurological damage in Pond's brain. Both Force and Jimmy can't give up now, no matter what they want to save this young me who still has a bright future ahead.

The surgery takes almost four hours, because of the complexity of the location of the tumours. The high risk of the surgery makes it more complicated, Force has to do it precisely and carefully so as not to damage any important tissues or any sign of swelling within the brain.

Earth and the others are waiting outside the surgery room in anxiety. Mix keeps praying to God for his son's surgery while still hugging Fourth who is still in the stage of shock. Gemini also stayed beside Phuwin who already stopped crying, Dunk kept caressing Joong back to comfort him.

Another hour passed. Finally, Force came out from the surgery room, looking so exhausted. Everyone immediately stands up and approaches him.

"How... how's the surgery? How's my son?" Earth the first one asked

Force signed in relief and smiled at them, "The surgery went well, we're able to remove most of the tumours and Pond passed the critical condition,"

Everyone then sighed in relief, they could breathe normally now.

"But we still need to monitor Pond's condition, so we will transfer him to intensive units." Force said and then patted Earth on the shoulder, "Pond is a fighter," he said and then went back to the surgery room.

Earth can't help with feeling relief and the tears he's been holding back falling. Mix hugging his husband, his prayers have been answered. Everyone is crying in happiness.

At the same time, Tay, New, Bright and Win also arrived at the surgery room together with Pond and started to transfer into the Intensive Units. Tay and New walk towards their sons who are surprised with the arrival of their parents, except Phuwin who only focuses on Ponds. He follows the nurses who transferred Pond's bed to the Intensive Unit, Phuwin doesn't want to stay any more inches from Pond.

Bright and Win also approach Joong, "You okay, son?" Bright asks but Joong doesn't say anything

This worried Bright and Win. Dunk who notices, walks towards them.

"I think Joong is still in shock," Dunk said and Bright understood it.

Win sits beside Joong and hugs him, to ease his son. "Pond is going to be okay, he'll be fine," he said while caressing Joong's hair.

Gemini also went to Fourth and hugged him, saying to Fourth that Pond is going to be okay now.

Phuwin who is following Pond's to his intensive units, sits beside his bed and holds his hand.

"P'Pond, please stay with me na," he said mumbled while holding Pond's hands

"You still haven't heard my response, I want to say it directly to you so please open your eyes na,"

"Stay with me..."

_____

Triple update!

Finally, the storm has passed. A little light of hope.

I'm done for today, hope you guys can sleep nicely now.