Chapter Twenty Seven

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP

POND POV

It has been several months since I last saw James because he has been working on his modelling project and upcoming series. When he showed up at CAMP, I was surprised but also knew that he would be the guest at tonight's Final CAMP Wave since he was under Uncle Bright's Management Company. It made sense because BVC Music Labels is one of the biggest sponsors for the CAMP WAVE.

James is Joong's childhood friend, and I knew him through Joong. We went to the same junior high school. Although James went to St. Gabriel in the first grade, he had to transfer to a different school, balancing his school and work schedule, whether it was overseas or in Thailand.

My first impression of James was that he was the only person Joong was very affectionate and clingy with. I was surprised because I had never seen Joong behave like that with another person, and James also let Joong do whatever he wanted with him.

I became close with James because we share similar hobbies and interests. Our taste in music is almost the same, and we both love watching dance covers too. Sometimes we even dance together, which is a surprise, right?

Eventually, I got closer to him and discovered his feelings towards Joong, which is not surprising. I had a hunch that James likes Joong, but Joong being Joong, he didn't notice at all. How dense he was back then, well he still is now though. 😮‍💨

We communicated more often than James with Joong. James often shared his feelings and thoughts with me, mostly about Joong and his problems at work. Of course, I also shared my secret with him, especially about my feelings for Phuwin.

One time, Joong suggested that James and I date each other, but this was before I had told Joong about my feelings for Phuwin. Joong without any hesitation said that we looked good together and shipped us so badly, acting like Cupid himself. This seriously hurt James' heart, yet James acted like he was fine and played along with it, saying that we do look good together and should date.

I knew that James said that to see if Joong responded to that, but instead, Joong was happier than ever. So, yeah, in second-grade junior high, James and I dated.

Our platonic relationship lasted for 2 years until he was transferred to another school. I knew he dated me to see if Joong would get jealous, but his effort was unsuccessful.

I don't mind if we date since there are no romantic feelings. We indeed kissed several times, but that was it. Dating James is the same as being together as friends. The difference is that we both share what we think or if there are any problems, we talk to each other. James was the first to know about my sickness, and he was with me when I was admitted to the hospital last year. Despite his busy schedule, he always had time to visit me.

I wonder if I would develop feelings for James if I gave up my feelings for Phuwin.

Is James' feelings for Joong still there?

Since I started to notice Joong's behaviour has changed, especially when he was with Dunk. Joong's clinginess and affection towards James are like brotherhood, but his behaviour towards Dunk is different. Joong suddenly becomes angry for no reason, not to mention his change of mood.

"Pond, I know that you still love me-, never mind, just, just please don't lie," James said sounding hesitant at first, "at least not to me."

We were both inside the restroom, James followed me. He keeps asking if I'm alright. I knew he was worried about my illness.

I sighed, "OK, but I'm fine, for now..."

"For now? Is it happening again?" James cut me while touching my cheeks.

I nodded, and instantly worry appeared on his face. I smiled at him, "James, I'm ok now, don't worry," I said reassuring James while caressing his chubby cheeks.

"Please don't overdo it, na, I don't want to see you in that condition again," he said and hugged me.

I hugged James back.

"Promise me, Pond, you'll put yourself first, na," he said still burying his head on my chest.

I rest my chin on top of James' head, "I promise," I responded.

"You better keep your promise!" He said sounded like he was threatening me. I giggled.

"Hmm...I promise," I said, looking at him, and James looked up at me. "Good," he said, and we both smiled at each other.

Having James right now makes me feel at ease. I'm grateful to have met him.

"Thank you, na," I said, and James smiled at me.

We both then went back to our seats. We didn't want to miss Joong's game.

As we went back to our seats, Fourth complained that we missed many moments. I laugh at his enthusiasm and then switch my sight to the score, I raise my eyebrows.

I didn't expect that the score would stay at 24-22 and it's already 5 minutes into the 2 Quarters.

"This is truly a final game," I said and Fourth enthusiastically explained how intense the game was when we went to the restroom and how crazy the one-on-one play between Joong and Dunk was.

"I never see Joong this serious in the game," James said

"Joong is always serious when he's playing tho," I responded

"Yeah, but this time he was extra serious like there is no tomorrow," James said not breaking his eyes on Joong movements

Well true, I can see and feel that Joong is extremely serious today. He seems even more serious than during last year's game. Is it because he is playing against Dunk? But they faced each other last year as well.

"Pond, who's number 11 from HARROW?" Suddenly James asks

"Huh? Oh...that is Dunk," I answered

"Dunk?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing,"

James sounds weird as he hesitates about something.

"Dunk Vihokratana, Phuwin's older brother," I said and James looked at me a little surprised.

"Phuwin's older brother? Oh...ok" He said and went back to see Joong's game

James suddenly acted weird. I think I told him about Phuwin's family, but I never showed any photos of them together, just photos of Phuwin.

Did James meet Dunk before or is this just my imagination?

"I guess, I should give up now..." I faintly hear James murmur.

Give up? Give up about what? About Joong?

What did James see in the court?

James, do you still have feelings for Joong?

___________

Double update like always 🤭

Hope you enjoy it!

The rollercoaster story starts now!

Now I'm going to go see my doctor, my cough getting worse 😂