Chapter Seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

SECRET

After the incident happened between Pond and Phuwin, the room arrangements were changed. Gemini and Fourth are still in the same room, Joong moves to Pond's room while Phuwin goes to Dunk's. Joong thought that this arrangement would subside the tension between the two. Besides, they need to think about the competition first. That was their purpose to come here in the first place. 

Although the room arrangements are changed, there are also changes in Dunk's behavior. Joong noticed this too. Dunk usually shows irritability or being annoyed with Joong's appearance, but not with avoidance. Whenever Joong is around or in Dunk's sight, He will immediately go somewhere else. Even in the dorm or even at the court, Dunk tried to sneak out, looking out if Joong was there or not, and went to practice court when Joong's team game started. Dunk possibly wanted to avoid Joong.

At first, Joong ignores this but as days go by, Joong starts to get annoyed. He knew that Dunk purposely avoided him. After the game between HARROW and St. Luis High, Joong trying to talk to him. 

As Joong walked towards HARROW's changing room, he spotted a familiar figure standing outside the venue, calling. It was Pond. Joong noticed the slightly worried expression on his face.

Did something happen? Joong thoughts

Joong moves closer to listen to his best friend's conversations. 

"I will be fine Dad, don't worry," Pond said, "You don't need to come here"

Joong listening carefully

"I still have a view of it, enough for 2 weeks" 

"Yeah, I know... as you said, this year will be the last time I can express my feelings to Phuwin" Pond said to Joong having a flashback of the incident between him and Phuwin.

So this is why Pond is in a rush to confess to Phuwin? But we still have a week. Is this the only reason? Joong thoughts, still confused and trying to figure out what's going on with his best friend. 

"I confessed but it didn't end up well...I know...I'm at fault too..."

"Now he's mad at me Dad, I know..."

Joong heard Pond's voice sound really sad and hurt. But he is still confused with whole things. It's like Pond keeps something from him, something really important.

"I do have a view headache but I managed it Dad, don't worry," he said

Headache? Joong frowned

"I know, I'll not push myself like last time. I will be careful this time" Pond continues, "Yeah...I know...no...Fourth didn't know when the headache occurred. Please don't tell him, Dad, I want him to focus on his competition right now"

"As for Joong, I will tell him myself...yeah, I know..."

Tell me what? Pond, what happening to you? 

"I love you too, Dad. bye"

Pond ended his phone call and walked toward where Joong standing. He sees Him and looks so surprised. Joong had never seen his best friend expression like that. Surprised and shocked at the same time.

"Joong?!"

Joong frowned.

"How long have you been standing there?" he asks in shock

"Just now. What happened to you? It's like you see a ghost or something" Joong said lied. As much as he wants to know what is happening with Pond and his behavior, Joong trusts Pond that he will tell everything when He's ready.