Chapter Forty Eight

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

BECAUSE IT'S YOU

This chapter mainly focuses on James during Pond's admission to the hospital.

The news of Pond has emergency surgery finally reached James' ears, at this time, James was aboard. He was attending a Brand Fashion Event in Paris. James wants to go back to Thailand but since he is the brand ambassador and exclusively invited, he can't abandon it just like that.

James was so distracted and distressed during the events, but he tried to be calm and professional.

Even though they are no longer in a relationship or their relationship is just platonic, James genuinely loves Pond. He treasures every moment he has with Pond to the point he almost switches his feelings towards him and gives up on Joong. But that was impossible because he clearly knew that Pond's heart was only towards Phuwin. So he drops the intentions.

No matter how hard James suppressed his emotions, there would be someone to notice. That someone is Net, he was also invited to the event as a Brand Ambassador. Net is also an actor and model from the same agency as James.

Net notices that something is different from James, he is too calm. Usually, whenever he launches a joke or flirty moves, James will react. Either it's annoying, irritating or sometimes laughs. But this time, James was quiet. Net sense that something is wrong.

After the events were over, Net noticed that James immediately asked their manager to prepare the car to take him to the airport. Net was confused, but they still have schedules until tomorrow evening and continue with a shoot promotion video in Milan for 3 days. Net also sees the panicked expression on James's face, he then pulls him to calm James down.

"James, calm down," Net said trying to calm him down.

Their manager was also surprised with James, who is now in a frantic mode. Their manager also tried to calm him down but James insisted and begged to let him go home.

Net is still trying to hold him, the last time Net saw James behave like this was when he lost his Mother 2 years ago.

James clung to Net, he cried and begged him. "Please let me go home, Pond is..."

Hearing Pond's name and it's clicked, he knew that something was happening with Pond. Even though, Net never personally knew or talked to him in person, He knew who Pond was and how precious he was to James.

Net is paired with James in the agency, even so, he met James before he even entered the entertainment industry. Net actually went to the same school with James, Pond and Joong in middle school. But, they didn't know about him. Net was a nerd back then. Kind of an invisible existence yet he has a huge crush on James. So he knew about James and Pond's relationship but he still loved James from afar.

Net tries to change himself so he can make James notice him, instead, he was scouted by the same agency that James goes to. Luckily, he was paired with James. Yet, James still didn't recognize Net as his Middle school classmate. Through the years, Net then became James' safe place, always listening to his problems, especially about his childhood crush Joong and his platonic relationship with Pond.

Net feeling for James remaining the same, even grew stronger. He promises himself to be there for James and protects him. Even his feelings are not returned.

Seeing James like this, Net also begged their Manager to let James go back. He even called the CEO of the agency but that wasn't granted because of the importance of the work that is worth billions, another reason also that Pond is not his relative so they didn't let him go back home. This shattered James' heart. Net can only hug James to soothe him.