Chapter Fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
AMBIVALENT

DUNK POV

I thought that the half-court next to the basketball court was the best place to talk privately since at that moment no one would use it and there was also a bench where we could sit while talking. 

As we arrived, I saw 2 guys standing not far from under the hoop. No, not standing, more like hugging each other. They seem familiar, I try to take a good look at them. I don't know why, my heart just dropped. Phuwin hugged a guy, but that guy was not just any guy, it was Joong. The way Phuwin hugs Joong, seems like out of excitement. What is more surprising is, I see the expression on Joong's face as he pats Phuwin's head. He's smiling. 

I switch my attention to Pond who standing right behind me, he looks stunned. I think he also didn't expect to see this. His expression looks confused but also puzzled. 

Guess we were both too stunned to even say a word.

Even in this distance, I can notice the expression Phuwin shows as Joong still patting his head. He's blushing and Joong smiling softly at him.

Phuwin? Blushing?

Somehow something pierce through my chest, it's heavy and feels like someone stubbing you multiple times. It hurts.

"Uh..we..we should look somewhere else to talk, Pond," I said trying to grab Pond's arm and walk away from the spot but Pond didn't even budge. 

"Pond?" calling him but he didn't answer, he just stared at the two. Although he frowned I can't describe what expression he doing right now.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that Pond has a crush on Phuwin. 

"Pond?" I tried to call him again and finally, he snapped back from his thoughts. 

"Yeah, let's find somewhere else," he said and then walked away

I could sense Pond was upset but trying to be calm. I took a deep breath and then followed Pond but took a look one more time at Joong and Phuwin. I guess I will clear this out with both of them later.

Hm? Clear things up? 

Why did I think about it? Clearing about what? There's nothing to clear up.

Urgh! What is wrong with my head?

Joong! Why do you keep messing up my head and my heart?!

POND POV

I didn't expect to see Joong with Phuwin. I thought Joong was already back at the dorm and Gemini said Phuwin was also headed back to the dorm. But why did those two end up there?

And Joong was acting weird today, he's so out of character. I had never seen him act like what he did earlier, but now seeing him with Phuwin and moreover smiling softly like that? Only view people can see that side of him. He rarely shows any kind of soft smile like that and barely has any contact with Phuwin before. 

Since when did they become this close? 

How can they be this close? 

How can he make Phuwin smile like that?

I'm feeling perplexed. 

I brushed out this feeling and agreed to Dunk to find another place to talk. I wonder what Dunk is feeling right now since he was also quite surprised by Joong's action earlier at backstage and now seeing his beloved Nong being close to his eternal enemy.