Chapter Forty Five

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

SECOND CHANCES

POND POV

Since I opened my eyes, I have been trying to adjust myself. Phi Force is monitoring my condition every 15 minutes. The nurse also checks on me to assess my alertness. They say it's part of the neurological observation. I need to adjust to everything, especially with all the tubes around me and the oxygen mask on my mouth and nose. For now, speaking is hard, to be honest.

I can only see what's around me. When I woke up, The first person I saw was Phuwin. I remember his crying voice and face, a bit blurry, but still there.

Man, this is the third time I made him cry.

Dad and Papa Mix are all crying in happiness when they see me finally awake. Even Joong who rarely cries is also in an emotional wreck, if I could speak, I would immediately tease him to laugh. Dunk, who is holding hands with Joong also greets me with a happy smile. Fourth followed by Gemini, also in a crying mess as he bursts open the door shouting "Hia" loudly. James is also there, smiling at me, but then turning to the guy beside him for comfort.

I do really make everyone worried, huh?!

Even now, two days have passed, and Phuwin is still here with me, sitting beside my bed.

"P'Pond...," Phuwin's voice is hoarse, I think because of how crazy he was crying at that time. But then I also noticed that Phuwin looked skinny the last time I saw him, is he not eating well?

I can feel his warm hand, I can only respond to him by squishing his hand back.

"You're so cruel, you know that," he complained, his voice was sad.

"Do you know how I felt when seeing you like this? This past week, I felt miserable. I thought... I thought..."

Phuwin started sobbing, and I squished his hand. Damn it, I wish I could stand and pull him into a hug.

Phuwin wiped his tears, "I thought I was going to lose you. You still haven't heard my response..."

Response? What response?

Phuwin gently pulled my hand touching his warm cheek as he hugged it. "I miss you, P'Pond."

Although I can only move my hand a bit because I still need to adjust everything, my head hurts a bit. I guess this is the post-effect of brain surgery, huh?

Phi Force says that I need to do rehabilitation to help me get back to normal, but it's going to take a lot of time.

Joong and Dunk also frequently come to visit me after I wake up. They're being supportive, and I'm grateful for that.

Another thing that I noticed is that Joong and Dunk are awfully close. Joong follows Dunk like a little puppy, always sticking with him, and super clingy. The last time I checked, Joong was only being clingy towards James. What is going on? What did I miss?

Speaking about James, who is that guy standing beside him that time? Is he the guy that James told me? The guy that persistently wants to be close to him? Why do I feel so familiar with that guy? Where did I see him before? Ugh, my head hurts again.

"Phu, did you eat today?" I heard Dunk asking Phuwin whether He was already eating or not today.

Since today is Sunday, Phuwin has been here since morning. He is always here, even when Phi Force or the nurse is doing the check-up. He never left my side. I only noticed him drinking a bottle of water or cold tea, yet I didn't see him eating anything and it was already 4 p.m.

Phuwin just responded with a smile.

Phuwin didn't eat anything?

"Phu, you need to eat na," Dunk said, "Even just a chocolate bar, you need to fill up your stomach,"

I heard a worried tone in Dunk's voice, and he sighed as heard Phuwin say "I will eat later,".

I looked at Joong and as he knew what I was thinking, he whispered to Dunk's ear. Dunk then immediately drags Phuwin outside the room to take him for eating.

"I think Phuwin is still scared to leave your side," Joong said as he sat beside my bed.

"Phuwin was traumatized that if he left your side, he'd never see you again,"

I didn't realize that this makes Phuwin traumatized. I also notice Joong's complexion, he looks exhausted.

Since I don't need to wear the supporting mask on my face, I can only mouthing 'sorry'. It's still hard to speak, but I need to try my best to recover faster.

Joong told me about the Fourth exclusive contract with Uncle Bright's Labels and his band will debut soon. I'm so proud of him.

Joong also told me about his relationship with Dunk, that they're dating now. He also mentioned that he lost his virginity to Dunk, which means he had sex with Dunk before they were officially dating.

Dude, too much information! You don't need to include that in your story.

But I'm happy for them. Since I got the feeling that Dunk had a crush on Joong.

Not long after, Dunk and Phuwin were also back. But they're not alone, Fourth, Gemini and both of my parents came too.

The room is so lively. Even though they're in the hospital, they're laughing and throwing jokes.

Phuwin laughed seeing his twin's antics, he's back sitting beside my bed, holding my hand. I look at his side profile, he does lose so much.

Phuwin turned around, he looked at me, smiling. I smile at him back.

I took a deep breath.

"Phu..win..."

Everyone in the room immediately stops talking, they look at me in surprise. Including Phuwin.

"P'Pond...did you just..." Once again Phuwin's tears drop. He's crying again. But this time, he was smiling.

I smile, "Phu..."

This is the only word that I could get out of my mouth since I still find it difficult to speak more words. I feel like a baby who just says the first word.

I think Dad called Phi Force because not long after he came and checked on me. He said that what I just did was a great improvement of my condition. He said that if I keep stimulating my brain and with a strong will, in no time I will be able to speak again.

This makes everyone happy, including myself. This motivates me more.

At least to the extent that I could say 'I love you' again to Phuwin or tease words to Joong.

Thank you, God, for giving me this second chance. I will treasure it every minute and every second.

______
Annyeong yeorobun! Sawadhi kaaaa!

Sorry for the long wait!

I had a mental break these couple of days, I look fine on the outside but my mind is in a wreck. I tried to update but I couldn't concentrate. I'm sorry for the late update.

I know it's not a long chapter but I hope you like it.