SIX

SALVADOR;

I felt dead. Numb.

Cold.

Last night I had just returned from visiting my parents, and it's true.

My father is dying.

When I saw him, his veins protruded, his hair fell out and he looked thin. Terribly thin, like a skeleton. And my mother acted as if everything was fine. She treated me like garbage, telling me that I had to stay strong in front of my father. But she comforted Fiona. She cried with her. Well, Fiona didn't cry, but my mother did. And she hugged Fiona.

She didn't hug me.

She didn't love me.

My father did it.

And he was going to die.

And now here I was, back in this other hell. My photo went everywhere, until apparently Blaise was expelled and no longer attends Hogwarts, but a disciplinary school.

Was it worth it? Was it worth it, Blaise?

All the Slytherins were involved, I'm sure. Fiona, my own sister. Goyle. Crabbe.

Draco.

I knew Draco was rotten, but I didn't think he would get to this point. That's why I didn't even want to go to class, until I heard a knock on my door and I didn't answer.

"Amara, it's me." Cedric's voice sounded through my door. I felt my stomach turn as I got up, walking slowly towards the door. As soon as I opened it, his smell of cinnamon enveloped me as I grabbed my face.

"I'm very sorry, Amara. I was going to kill Blaise, but he had already been transferred... Damn it, I..."

"I'm sorry I cheated on you," I moaned, feeling my eyes tear. "I-I thought it was you and-"

"Honey, you didn't know." He cooed, bringing me closer to his chest. I wrapped my little arms around him as he pushed me in, rubbing my hair. "He took advantage of you, and I'm very sorry. I should have been there, damn it. I swear, I will never leave your side." He promised, and I didn't respond while I cried softly in his chest. "I'll go with you to class."

"I don't want to see them, Ced." I walked away from him, shaking my head. "I can—"

"Don't let them win, Ames. You're stronger than that," he told me, wiping his tears with his thumb. I felt my lip tremble when he kissed my forehead. "I'll be there every time you get out of class, okay?" He promised, moving away.

His eyes looked at me and I nodded rigidly.

"Well, let's go."

----

As I entered DADA, I felt that all eyes were instantly on me.

I lost about a week of classes because I visited my family's mansion, so people probably assumed that I left due to the situation in the photo.

I looked at the floor quickly when I felt two people holding my hands. I looked at my sides and saw Harry holding one of my hands, Hermione holding the other. "Come on," Harry sent me a soft smile. "Let's accompany him to his seat."

I felt a small smile of relief grow on my face when Ron sent me a greeting, in which I just smiled. I walked to my desk when I heard whispers and I realized that Draco was not sitting in his seat.

"Thank you," I say quietly to my friends while they both nod.

"Let me know if you need anything." Hermione insists, and I just nodded as they returned to their desks.