SEVENTEEN

UP TO HIM;

We were sitting in Draco's bedroom, he was sitting next to the bed and I was sitting next to his pillows. My hair hung on my face while I read one of my favorite books, The Alchemist. I had been reading it for 15 minutes while Draco sat there, looking at me.

"Is that erotic?" He questioned, holding back the laughter.

I looked up from the pages and rolled my eyes. "Very fun."

"That book is boring," Draco murmured, frowning. I folded the end of the paper before closing the book to save the page. "He's literally a damn guy looking for something he'll never find."

"Have you read it?" I asked, bowing my head. I felt a smile grow on my lips. "I didn't know you could read."

I saw his eyes squint when the laughter escaped from my lips. But then I felt him push me on the sheets, with one of his hands holding his wrists together. I stopped laughing instantly when a smile grew on his lips. "Do you think it's funny?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. His menthol breath fanned my face while his cologne flew to my senses. "I'll give you something to laugh at."

His agile fingers flew to my stomach, tickling me. I was very sensitive to touch, so as soon as they started pricking against my skin, a giggle came out of my lips. "Stop!" I choked, closing my eyes tightly as more laughs from Draco and I filled the room. "Please, I can't..." I shouted with tears of laughter filling my eyes.

"Say that I can read better than you." He joked. I shook my head.

"Never."

"Say it."

"No!"

He continued tickling me, keeping me still so I couldn't escape. I couldn't take it anymore, his touch became unbearable. "Enough is enough! You're better at reading than I am! "

His hands finally withdrew, with a shit-eating grin on his face. I took a deep breath while he was still sitting between me, looking into my eyes with a laugh on his lips. "That's what I thought," he laughed, sitting down. "Never underestimate me, Rockwell."

I liked this side of Draco. Its soft side. The side where he smiled and laughed, and in fact he was playful. It made me feel like we could do this. I know we weren't officially together, and we couldn't be because of many things, but I really didn't want anyone else right now. And I think he felt the same way about me.

I sat down, crawling towards him. He looked at me with predatory eyes as I sat on my knees, like him. I grabbed his shoulders before connecting our lips, his warm lips wrapping mine. His hand flew instantly to my waist while his tongue passed through my lower lip, his other hand grabbed my cheek. But then I walked away, making him frown. "What..."

"Tomorrow there is a trip to Hogsmeade," I proposed, arching an eyebrow. "I was thinking that we could meet somewhere during it."

"We can't," he murmured, getting out of bed and getting up. I looked at him with a confused look as he clung to one of the pillars of his bed, shaking his head. "You know how this works, Rockwell. My father can't find out about you."

Although it's not that bad. I pushed, staying in bed. "I'm a pureblood and..."

"But you're a Hufflepuff, okay? He himself told me that he doesn't like you, fuck." He snapped, causing my face to fall off. I looked at my fingers and all my arguments faded. I played lightly with my fingers while he was there, a sigh left his lips." It's not my damn fault. "

"It was stupid of me to ask." I murmured, getting out of his bed. I grabbed my jacket from the edge of the bed before putting it on.

"Why the hell are you leaving?" He frowned and raised his hands in the air. I didn't answer, pulling up the zipper of the jacket. Draco didn't like to be ignored, so he approached me and grabbed my wrist. I looked at it. "I asked you a—"

"If I were Fiona, I bet he would love to see her." I let go, getting angry. "It's not fair. Why did my sister have to be absolutely perfect? I'm always second to her, even now." I knew my argument was stupid, but it was true. Draco wouldn't be afraid of being seen with her. He rolled his eyes at my words and dropped his hand from my arm. "Since being a Slytherin is so important."

"Stop being so insecure." He said to me, "Maybe you'd better leave."

"Right."

For some reason, I thought he would ask me to stay. But that wasn't Draco. He never begged, and he never will. Because like father, like son. "Good." I murmured before passing by him, opening the door. As soon as I closed the door behind me, I heard him growl before hitting one of his walls. I jumped at that, but I kept moving.

----

"Hey, Amara!"

I turned around, hugging my jacket against my chest, standing next to Hermione. We didn't have class today since we were all traveling by train to Hogsmeade. I heard Ron call me as I watched him run towards us along with Harry. "If my brothers give you candy, don't accept them."

Harry chuckled. "He snotted for an hour."

"Ew," I twisted my face, Hermione moaned in disgust. We all got on the train before finding a cart to sit inside.

"Then I heard that there will be fireworks when night falls," Hermione smiles, causing Ron's eyes to enlarge. "No way."

"I remember when my father took me to see fireworks when I was younger," I smiled to myself, leaning on the padded seat. "It was nice since neither Fiona nor my mother wanted to go because they didn't want to set themselves on fire."

We all laugh at that.

"Well, I hope they do tonight," Harry grumbled, making me nod rigidly. "Oh, and Malfoy too."

I stopped nodding my head, moving nervously in my seat. Ron noticed this, a confused look covering his features. "Are you okay?" Question, and I nodded.

"I'm fine, I'm just going to use the bathroom."

Hermione slipped so that I could pass, and then I quickly opened the cart door before closing it. I let out a sigh, shaking my head. Why did Harry have to mention him? I didn't want to think about our disagreement. I mean, I knew we would talk later, but I didn't want to think about it all the time. Whatever it is. When I was about to walk to the bathroom, I felt someone put me in another cart. "What..."

"It seems that you and Draco are close, huh?" I narrowed my eyes to my sister, who pushed me into one of the empty seats. I was silent as she put her hands on her hips, with an expression of annoyance on her face." You just have to know that he doesn't care about you," she spat. "Tonight I plan to kiss him, and you know that he will kiss me back."

"Don't..." She interrupted me with a slap on the cheek, causing a drowning scream to come out of my lips.

"Remember, Amara. He loved me even before he noticed you. Once he finally gets what he really wants, which is me, he will forget about you. You're just the substitute, darling."

His words sank as he moved his shiny and long hair.

"For him, you're nothing more than a whore."

And with that, she turned around before leaving me with my thoughts.

Was she right?

What if he really wanted her, but he settled for me because I'm the least best version of her?

I felt sick.

I bit my lower lip, looking at my lap.

It's up to him.