FOURTY

I HATE YOU;

As it was a new semester, we had new classes due to the rotation of schedules.

I didn't have any with Draco, which was probably the best. If I had one with him, I would probably be too distracted to pay attention. But coming back for the first time was quite interesting. I received a lot of looks and some people asked me if I had a child. I shut down that rumor instantly.

I also met with my friends and finally told them everything that happened. Meaning with the ring and things related to that. However, Ron already knew it, since I was staying at his house before. In fact, I was about to meet Harry in the dining room, until I heard someone calling me. "Hey, sister!"

Are you fucking joking?

I turned around, I was already upset, but then it turned into anger when I saw who she was with. Astoria was standing between Pansy and Fiona, with a genuine smile on her lips. Fiona sent me a smile, with all her arms intertwined, as they approached me. "Do you know Astoria? She has just moved here from Beauxbatons because her family has just moved from Paris." She said in a honeyed tone, making me want to tear my eyes out.

But she never did anything wrong to me, so I put on a fake smile.

"Hello, I'm Amara Rockwell. Welcome to Hogwarts, it's a pleasure." I said kindly, and then I tried to turn around. But then the impressed-looking girl cleared her throat, causing me to stop. She arched her eyebrows slightly. "Hello, I was wondering if you and Draco were ... together."

Yes, bitch. He is mine.

I nodded, feeling my lips squeeze into a forced smile. "Yes, we are."

Pansy rolled her eyes at that, but she didn't say anything. Astoria's face decayed slightly, nodding. "Oh, it's okay then. She told me that she was with someone else and now I know it's you" She admitted, and I bit my lip to suppress a smile.

Did he tell her that he was with someone else?

It's the minimum for me, but whatever. If Draco told someone that he was mine, my heart would speed up. Her green eyes got bigger. "I just wanted to clear up any confusion and say that I'm not interested in Draco."

I gave her a tired look, more and more confused. She was being nice, but she was friends with Pansy and Fiona. That doesn't make sense. "Okay, then," I murmured, nodding softly. "I have to go, but thank you for letting me know."

I tried to turn around again, until I felt her hand on my shoulder. I became stiff at her touch, raising my eyebrow while she threw an innocent look. Her perfect and plump lips turned into a pout. "But I can't promise that he's not interested in me."

And then I felt my fists tighten. Fiona laughed, Pansy laughing behind her hand. I saw Astoria's doll's eyes narrow. "So don't be surprised if you see him and me together before the end of the year, Amara."

I couldn't help it. I pushed her.

What the fuck?

She let out a choked scream as she staggered backwards, her thin legs failed as she fell to the ground. I felt my nostrils open when I looked at him. "How dare you...?"

"What the hell, Amara?" Fiona gasps dramatically, making me frown. "Why would you push Astoria when she's being nice?"

And then I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see Draco, my confusion was fading away. They tricked me, he had an obvious frown on his face when his eyes landed on Astoria, who had a scary look on his face." Is that true?" He asks, raising his eyebrow at me. "Did you push her?"

I swallowed saliva. "Draco ..."

He ignored me, pulling out a hand to help Astoria get up. I watched with an angry and wounded look as she took her hand, sending her a warm smile. "Thank you Draco." She moved her eyelashes towards him. He hummed before turning around, grabbing my wrist.

"You. Come with me."

I let out a sigh when he pushed me away, until we were in corridors away from the girls. Then he let go of his grip before sending me an icy look, making me nervous. "My father is her father's best friend, Amara. You can't mess with her, or I'll pay the consequences of your stupid and thoughtless actions." He spat, becoming more and more angry with me. I chewed the inside of my cheek. "But she said..."

"Jealousy is ugly on you." He said, without letting me finish. I felt my lips close, my heart was sinking into my stomach. I blinked quickly before looking down. "You know what," I murmured. "You're not even listening to me, so I'll stop." My eyes looked at his hard ones. "I'm not losing my breath talking to you."

He clenched his jaw. "Good with me."

"Good." I spit before I turned around and walked away. I felt my feet hitting the ground hard as I felt the anger rise inside me. But then I felt myself fall, a scream came out of my lips when my knee hit the ground. "Shit." I hissed as I fell to the ground, feeling embarrassed. "Shit," Draco murmured, running towards me. "Are you okay?" He tried to help me get up, but I pushed him. "I don't need your help," I spit, but then I hissed.

Draco swallowed saliva before his face was cleaned with emotion, looking cold and blank. You're being a bitch. He spoke annoyed, letting me go. "I just told you -"

"Why should I listen to you when you don't listen to me?" I screamed, getting up. I felt pain in my knee, but I didn't show it, I kept a strong face." Leave me alone. I don't want to fight right now, Draco."

He rolled his eyes. "We're already fighting, Amara. Because that's all we do, we fight! And I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of..." He interrupted himself, realizing what he was saying. I felt a soft gasp come out of my lips as his face softened. "I am--"

"You're tired of me" I ended for him, raising my eyebrows. He had a guilty look while he felt bad, but I didn't care. I twisted my mouth to the side, feeling beyond the pain. "You asked me to come back! And now that I'm here, do you want me to leave? Is it like that?"

"I never said I wanted you to leave, damn it." He argued, pointing at me. "Don't be the victim. I just need you to trust me, okay? Trust that I just want to be with you."

I looked at him, feeling defeated.

I felt sad and confused." I do, I just don't trust her."

"I don't care about her," he snarled, grabbing my face with both hands. I swallowed saliva while his hot breath fanned my face, his baby blue eyes piercing mine. "She's just a friend. And you are my..."

"Say it." I whispered.

He inhaled deeply. "You're my girlfriend, Rockwell."

I felt a small smile grow on my lips. And then I felt him leaning on my lips, his warm lips surrounding mine. He held my face as I kissed him, his aroma filled my senses. I felt butterflies and a knot in my stomach. I felt the flutter in my heart. Despite the fact that this boy was so fucking annoying; I loved him. "I hate you," I murmured as we walked away.

What I really wanted to say is that I love you, but Draco found it difficult to tell me. But he received my message, because then his lips curved into a soft smile, his eyes twisted towards me.

"I hate you too, Rockwell.