TWENTY-EIGHT

I LOVE YOU;

- HEAVY TRIGGER WARNING - 

I told Hermione everything. About Draco and me, about Cedric, everything. I had to tell someone. After the incident on the roof, I couldn't bear to see her. She constantly controls me and asks me if I ate, but the answer was no.

I didn't eat.

I didn't sleep. I went back to stage one.

I wanted to be powerful and strong, but fuck, I'm trying. I'm doing my best. But it's so difficult. Hermione told me that she would meet me after each class to make sure I was okay.

Excellent. Now I have a tutor.

But it also felt good. She cares. She was more of a sister than Fiona. And listen to this. I didn't even want to kill Fiona anymore. I didn't have the energy to even look at her when she walked in. I cursed myself when I remembered that I chose to sit next to him.

Excellent.

I kept my eyes on the floor while I took out the chair and sat down. I looked at the hardwood when I felt that anxiety was coming into play, he wasn't even there yet. But then I heard the chair squeak next to me. Nothing. I didn't feel anything. It was as if she was already dead. I didn't bother putting on makeup or brushing my hair. I was wearing sweatpants and a sweater under this robe. I felt cold without his touch.

"What a party." He sneered, making me jump. I didn't say anything.

But I looked at him and finally he saw my face. His eyes widened at the state I was in, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. And then, I broke. I broke." How was it?" I asked quietly, without putting any emotion on my face. He doesn't say anything while I bite the inside of my cheek. "I hope you had a good time."

"I did." He spat hard. "And I'm sure you did with that Ravenclaw too." He whispered, not wanting anyone to listen to him. I stared at him without understanding, without emotion on my face while he verbally abused me. "I saw you take him to that class," he sneered.

"You're nothing but a whore, Rockwell."

I took one of my trembling hands to my face, trying to hide. "Are you going to cry?" He chuckled when a trembling sigh came out of my lips. "I hate you, did you know? I wish I had never put my hands on you. I dislike you," he continued. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, looking at his hateful eyes. "Cry, you slut. I don't care."

And then I yelled. I stabbed myself, scaring Draco. I couldn't think. I grabbed one of the knives we used to cut things for the potions and nailed it to my stomach. The students screamed when screams were heard, and then I did it again. I stabbed again and again until the pain was too much. I wanted to finish. I wanted to die.

"AMARA!" Draco shouted, snatching the bloody knife from my hand. I fell to the ground when I felt my eyelids become heavy. Draco slid under me, letting my head fall on his lap.

"Get help! Someone ask for help!" He shouted in a trembling voice.

I felt a pain in my abdomen, my fingers grabbed his robe. I saw his watery eyes when I felt a smile grow on my lips. "I'm helping both of us," I choked, coughing. I felt the metallic taste of the blood fill my mouth. "You don't have to see me anymore, Draco. It's not like that," I coughed, closing my eyes tightly. "You don't have to hate me anymore."

"I don't hate you," I saw tears running down his cheeks, removing the blood from my mouth. "I - I love you, Amara. I need you," he said tremblingly, making the tears fill my own eyes again. "I never hated you."

I wanted to ask you why he did it. Why did he sleep with her? But then I began to see a light, Draco's gaze smiling at me. His hand was reaching out to me.

"Keep your damn eyes open, Amara." I heard him say through screams. "Don't leave me. Don't you dare leave me."

I felt my grip on his robe loosen, taking the other Draco's hand.

"Come with me." My father spoke. "You've been through a lot, my love. It's time to rest."

I felt my smile grow as I closed my eyes.

I finally felt peace.

----

And the peace is gone.

I felt my eyes open, my body was too sore to move. I lay down in the wind of the Hogwarts Nurse, and I felt my throat terribly dry. Damn. I wasn't dead. I dreamed of Draco telling me that he loved me and finally being with my father. That's what I wanted. The events of what happened were blurry, my head hurt terribly. I heard someone move next to me and I barely shook my head.

"Amara?"

I look next to me to see the boy I loved. I felt my lips tremble." You scared me." He breathed and I noticed his eyes. They were swollen. I was sitting on a chair, with bags under my eyes. His hair looked as if he had pulled it, red circles around his eyes to show how raw they were from his tears. A soft smile appeared on his lips. "You didn't think you could leave me so easily, did you?"

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "I wanted to feel peace." I cried. "I can't live like this..."

"I'm sorry for everything," his lips trembled as he spoke, one of his hands wiped the tear on my cheek. "You mean everything to me. Damn, I can't live without you. I'm sorry I made you think otherwise. I'm so sorry," he sobbed, holding my hand on his chest. I felt like I was letting out a soft sob. "I just wanted you to love me."

"Yes," he kissed my hand, his blue eyes looking at mine. "I love you more than I've ever loved anything."

"But you slept with Fio—"

"I never had sex with her," he interrupted me, shaking his head quickly. He swallowed saliva. "I only told you because I knew you would believe me, I knew I would hurt you. I haven't been with anyone else since you. I had to pretend that I was kissing you at the party, or I couldn't do it."

I let out a sigh, all of these came at the same time. Draco... did you love me? Is all this false? I didn't know what to believe. I let out a moan when I felt another sharp pain in my stomach.

"You need to rest, you lost a lot of blood." He urged, pulling his hair away from my face. I grabbed his hand that was shaking.

"Please don't hurt me again," I begged.

"I won't," he promised. "From now on, it's you and me. Forever." I felt a soft smile grow on my lips as I closed my eyes, fell asleep and finally felt love. His hand rested on my chest, making sure that my heart didn't stop beating, while it was beating for him.

My heart was only beating for Draco Malfoy.

Finally it was safe to say, after 2 years, that I was totally and absolutely in love with Draco Malfoy.