THIRTY-SIX

SLEEP;

School started about a week ago and it took me everything to not go back there. But in a way I felt better. I didn't have to look at anyone's faces and look him in the eye.

I was lying on my bed, curled up in Draco's sweater, while reading The Alchemist. I didn't even mind reading it over and over again. The fact that he touched this book and read it was the only reason that pushed me to do it. I started to fall asleep slowly, until I heard a crack in my room.

"Amara," I heard Molly's soft voice. "The Malfoy boy... is waiting for you outside."

I fell in my bed, giving him a look of astonishment. "He doesn't look good," she adds, with a crooked face. "And even though you were taking a break from him, I think you should talk to him, dear. He seems... desperate." She emphasizes the last word. I felt like I was swallowing saliva.

Draco is here?

I thought he was at school.

Why would he come here?

I nodded hurriedly before running out of my bed, going down the stairs at full speed. But then I stopped in front of the door.

Did I want to see him?

Is this the best thing for me?

He came all this way for me, but ... I couldn't. I couldn't see him. "Are you going to open the door?" Molly asks next to me. I felt my stomach turn as I betrayed myself, shaking my head. "No," I forced myself to get out, the word leaves an unpleasant taste in my mouth.

"Please tell him that I can't see him."

She lets out a sigh. "Love—"

"Please." I beg her and she nods slowly. I look at her as she walks towards the door, opening it slightly. I felt my heart jump in my chest when I heard his voice. "Where is she?" He spoke quickly, urgently in his voice.

"She can't talk to you," she breathes, sending her a sad look. "I'm so..."

"Shit! I know you're here, Amara." He spat, making me shudder. I felt my eyes tear as I covered my mouth with my hand, holding back my sobs." Please don't do this." He begged Molly trying to calm him down while holding the door. "If you love me, Amara, if you love me, open the damn door."

I felt myself sliding down the wall while Molly tried to close the door. "Draco—"

"Fuck, come out!" He shouted when Molly closed the door. She closed it before looking at it with her eyes wide open, and then I heard blows. Hard and furious blows, full of pain and betrayal." You can't leave me out!" He screamed, hitting the door even harder. "How could you do this? How can you leave me after all of this?!" I closed my eyes tightly when I felt more sobs coming out of my throat, biting my hand to suppress any noise. After more screams and screams from Draco, in ten minutes, he surrendered. "I give up." He murmured behind the door before walking away.

Please surrender to me.

You can't be with me.

I'm not good for you.

Then I started pulling my hair, telling myself that I was horrible and selfish for hurting Draco. But I was also selfish for loving him. I felt hopeless when I started to hyperventilate on the floor. "Breathe," Molly crouched next to me, throwing me into her arms. I clung to her while I clench my teeth, the pain bursting in my heart and stomach. "Let it out, dear. Just breathe and let him out."

I let out more screams when I felt the energy slowly drain my body, his sweater comforted me a little as I began to control my breathing. "I just want him-," I moaned, his fingers pulling my hair away from my face.

"I just want him to be happy. I don't know what to do," I choked, coughing afterwards. "It seems that he is happy with you." She pointed quietly, making me look at her. "Why does he have to marry that girl, hm?"

I wiped my eyes, sobbing. "Because she is slytherin and rich," I explained, my voice trembling from my breathing. "If he were with me, we wouldn't have a house or support."

She doesn't say anything, letting out a sigh. But then he jumps, making me fall from his arms. I hit the ground with an oof when his eyes opened. "I'm sorry, my dear, but I have an idea!" She exclaims, making my eyebrows gather in confusion. Then put your hands together. "Why don't you and Draco stay here?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Eh?"

She rolls her eyes. "You two could be together and stay here, and if you plan to get married, you could live with us. We have always had a guest room"

It was incredible. But, I couldn't do that to Draco. He could have money and wealth and live comfortably. If he were with me, he would have to live with redheads and get used to not being so luxurious. I shook my head, sad. "It's not the best for him," I murmured. "But thank you."

She grabbed my chin, making me look at her. "Dear, money isn't everything. He could have a better life with you living in a small house than living with her in a mansion." And with that, she stood up, patting my shoulder, before walking away.

And she left me thinking. I thought I was being selfish when considering the idea.

I mean, would Draco even agree to that?

It must have been ridiculous for him. In addition, it was nonsense and an illusion. We couldn't live with the Weasleys all our lives, and their father wouldn't approve of it.

However, I don't think Draco cares about his father's opinion, since he has made it clear that he hates it. Like me.

I felt warm inside, imagining having children with Draco. See small non-evil versions of him running through Weasley's burrow with little redheads as well. To be able to call Draco mine and not hers. Waking up with him every morning, sleeping next to him every night, having his skin on mine, watching movies together. It was a dream come true.

But that's all it was;

A dream.