NINE

HEARTBREAK;

I didn't end up meeting Hermione.

I ended up going back to my bedroom, hugging my blanket, while I cried until I fell asleep. Again. I lost a ton of weight since I had barely eaten for days, and these strong headaches were always in my brain.

But I didn't care.

Everything Hurts Too Much.

I hated to admit it, but I think I developed some kind of feeling for Draco. He was nothing but horrible to me, but at that moment, when I was in his bed, he looked at me as if I were special. As if he ... cared.

Of course he doesn't care about you, Amara. You are a Hufflepuff and he is a Slytherin. He's in love with your sister.

I remember when we were 13 years old and my father had organized a meeting. He invited the Malfoy and the Parkinsons. The four of us sat inside Fiona's room, the only reason she let me stay was because my father forced her. But anyway, all the time, she asked Draco to get up and bring her this, or to get up and take that. And he would. For her. Because he loved her, but she didn't love him.

He looked at her as if she was his world. But for some reason, she never fell in love with him. She wasn't as weak as I was. She wasn't desperate for love. I already had it with Cedric, a love that I didn't deserve.

Maybe I deserved the harsh comments that Malfoy gave me. I deserved the pain.

I touched the crusts of my knuckles, trying to feel something. I didn't care if it was pain, I was just tired of being asleep. I was tired of crying. I was tired of my roommates begging me to leave my room and tell me that I looked like a skeleton. I was just tired. Mental and completely exhausted.

"Alohomora."

My door opened and Hermione came in. I sat down from my bed while she threw a look of astonishment at me, putting her hands on her hips. "Merlin Amara! You need to eat something now." She spoke worriedly, running towards me.

I turned to my side, ignoring her. "I'm not hungry." I murmured.

"I don't believe you," he grabbed my arm and lifted me up. I groaned as she walked to my dresser, taking out a hoodie. "Put this on and come downstairs with me. Let's go to dinner." She informed me, and I narrowed the brunette's eyes. His jaw tightened.

"Now."

I didn't even have the energy to fight with her. I put on the sweatshirt with the little amount of energy I had left and then I got out of bed. I almost fell, not used to standing up. I felt dizzy when Hermione approached me, joining my arm with hers. "Well. Now come." He told me in a low voice, helping me go to the dining room.

The students were stunned by my appearance, but I didn't care. I kept my face serious as we walked towards the great hall, the students sitting at the tables of their homes. Hermione took me to Gryffindor's table and prepared me a plate of mashed potatoes and ham.

"Come." She told me, and I nodded slowly as she was biting my food.

"My God," Ron gasps, approaching the table. Harry's eyes get bigger when he sees my little figure. "When was the last time you ate...?"

"Shut up, Ron." Hermione barked, sending her a furious look. He narrowed his eyes to her, but remained silent while he and Harry took their seats.

No one else said anything when I took a bite of the mashed potatoes and I felt like I had to vomit. I leave my fork, with a crooked face. I just wanted to sleep. "I'm going to come back..."

"Amara?"

I turned my head, Cedric standing behind me. His eyes widened when he saw my condition. Loose eyes, showing cheekbones, tired eyes. "Oh, my God, what is the meaning of this?" Question, the voice is calm.

I look at the floor.

"Amara, please stop ignoring me. I'm your boyfriend, for Merlin's sake."

When I didn't answer, he gently grabbed my wrist. "Come, love. You're worrying me," and I sit with my head while it takes me away from the table.

We left the dining room, to another random hallway, which was empty. Then he lets me go, putting a hand on my cheek. "You look sick, Ames. Tell me what's wrong."

"Everything," I spit. "Everything is fucking wrong, Cedric."

His head fell to his side. "Oh."

"I can't do this," I sighed, feeling my eyes tear. I didn't want to say these words because I loved Cedric. But I couldn't hurt him. He would hate me too much. I loved Cedric with all my being and he didn't deserve me. "No more. I can't be with you."

"Wait," he frowned and opened his eyes like plates.

"What are you... Are you serious? "He asked, with his lips slightly apart.

I swallowed saliva while nodded rigidly. He sneered, shaking his head. "No. I love you and I know you love me."

"Cedric," I closed my eyes. "Please."

"I deserve an explanation!" He screamed, making my eyes open suddenly. He was angry. It's okay. It's good that he gets angry. I would be too. He ran a hand through his hair and his cheeks turned red. "Don't you love me? Is that the reason for?"

I opened my eyes. "What? Of course I love you."

"Then why do this?"

"Because," I swallowed, watching a tear slide down his cheek. I would cry too, but I was too dehydrated. "Because I love you, but I'm not in love with you, Cedric. Not anymore. And I'm so..."

"Save it," he shook his head, another tear rolling down his cheek. "Save it, Amara."

And with that, he turned around, moving away. I saw him turn a corner and let out a trembling sigh.

"I'm sorry, Cedric."

I really loved him, but not like that. He deserved someone to appreciate it, and that wasn't me.

I pulled my hair, a frustrated breath leaving me. When I turned around, I saw Malfoy standing there, his eyes widened when he saw me. His eyes scanned my figure. "Shit."

I rolled my eyes, with the aim of passing by him. But he grabbed my wrist, and even when I tried to shake it, he held it tightly. "Let me go." I pushed, just wanting to go to my room and cry for Cedric.

I didn't want to see Draco, especially when I was embarrassed. But, of course, he didn't listen.

"Since when do I listen to you?" I gave up, looking down. "You look like a fucking corpse," he said, making me feel ashamed. I gave him a furious look when his hand let go of my wrist. "You really should eat something before you pass out."

"I can't."

"What the hell do you mean you can't?" Draco spat, squinting his blue eyes at me. I bit my lower lip hard, wanting to hit it. I let out a laugh, feeling my eyes finally tear.

"I mean that I can't eat, think or breathe without feeling bad. I can't stand you being everywhere and torturing me. I just broke up with Cedric because I can't stop thinking about you, Draco!" I scream, tears rolling down my cheeks.

He looks at me with a hard face. He didn't say anything while I let out a small scream, drying my eyes abruptly. "Continue," I said. "Say something rude."

"I don't like you," he said, raising his eyebrow. "I never liked you, and I'll never like you. It's a shame that you broke up with Diggory for me, because I'll never love you." He told me coldly, without breaking eye contact. I sighed, his words sank into my brain. I knew it. Damn, I knew it.

"You need to know that. It has always been Fiona."

I felt another scream that needed to escape from me as I nodded.

"I know."

His chest began to rise more heavily when I licked my salty lips. My heart felt as if it was slowly sinking, shattered. Draco then turned around and walked away. I saw how his figure became smaller, until he disappeared. I didn't break up with Cedric because of Draco. I did it for Cedric. Draco will always love Fiona and not me.

And it's fine.

I just wanted to sleep.