TWENTY THREE

THE TRUTH;

Draco ended up taking me to this small pond just outside Hogwarts, where the ducks lay and squawked at each other. He and I stole some bread from the cafeteria kitchen before throwing it at him, watching them fight for his food. I hugged my knees as he sat next to me, looking at the beautiful ocean blue water.

It was nice.

I liked being here with him.

I felt happy.

"I love you," I let go, looking at him. His head looked at me so fast that I thought he broke his neck, his eyes became the size of cymbals. I felt a gasp pass through my lips as I blinked quickly. "I don't know why I said that." I murmured, standing up. I turned around, completely embarrassed.

I heard Draco stand up while the grass creaked under his shoes. "No, you don't," he replied quietly, making me freeze. I kept my back to him while I let out a sigh. "Please don't say that. Just..."

I turned around, frowning." But I'm serious," I walked slowly towards him, his color disappearing from his face. "I don't think I've ever cared about Cedric like I do about you," I told him honestly, looking at him looking at his shoes. "Draco—"

"Stop!" He shouted, making me jump. He looked at me before shaking his head." I don't want to hear that, okay? Not now."

I felt that the pain hit me like a train. His words sank into me, like a bullet going through my heart. He didn't love me. I felt my lips open slightly, my heart fell completely into my stomach. And if I couldn't get worse, I heard Fiona's voice.

"Malfoy," he snarled, running towards us. We both turn to look at her while Pansy is next to her, with an angry look on Fiona's face. "Why the hell are you still with her? The deal was..."

"Shut your mouth, Fiona!" Draco clenched his fists, his cheeks reddened with anger. His eyes opened when Pansy let out a choked scream.

"How dare you?" Pansy snarled, turning her eyes to me." Does she even know, Draco?" She spat, approaching me.

Draco ran in front of me, blocking me. "Stay away from her."

"Aw," Fiona laughed, putting her hand on her chest. "She doesn't know, Pans."

"Know what?" I choked, causing Draco to turn around.

"Let's go somewhere," he grabbed my arm, but Fiona grabbed me by the other arm.

"Little sister, Draco hasn't told you everything." She says in an evil voice, causing Draco to freeze.

"Don't do it." He said, trembling.

I looked at him in blue eyes, more and more worried. "You were a game," his words spit unpleasantly at me. I kept my eyes fixed on Draco's while a rough breath escaped from my lips. "He knew everything." Pansy added. "He knew that Blaise drank the poly-juice potion! He didn't even hit him, we painted cuts on his knuckles."

Falling Apart.

Everything fell apart.

My thoughts faded, my heart sank. I felt as if the floor was becoming all black, absorbing me. Everything turned black and white, Draco looking at me in slow motion. My heartbeat was in my ears when I felt that my heart was finally splitting in half. "Oh my God." I said, taking a step back.

Draco didn't say anything, looking at the ground. "I told him that if I took your virginity, I would finally be with him. That's what he wants"

"Shut up!" Draco screamed, pushing Fiona to the ground. She looked at his smoking figure. His chest went up and down violently. "That was before..." he interrupted. I was shaking. "That was at first."

"Draco—"

"Get up and go, bitch." He spat, kicking her with dirt. His eyes shone with tears as he got up. Pansy murmured. "Let's go..." "But..."

"Now!" He shouted, making the girl with raven hair jump. She nodded before they both fled. I looked directly at Draco as he turned around. He took a step towards me, but I shuddered. I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't feel.

Is this what it feels like to be numb?

I knew it.

He knew about Blaise, and he acted as if he didn't. He knew everything. "I can't do this." I spoke tremblingly. "I can't—"

"It was before I cared about you," he argued, and I noticed tears in his eyes. For the first time, I saw Draco Malfoy cry. But I didn't care. I could cry a million rivers, and I wouldn't mind. He took another step towards me, but I walked away. "Please stop backing up, Amara. I need you to stay."

He called me by my name.

For the first time.

Normally, my heart would have fluttered. But instead, it was torn off. I felt bad. I felt bad looking at it. I saw a tear roll down his cheek as his lips trembled. I didn't say anything, look at it with a heartbroken look. "S-Say something."' He stammered.

"I loved you." I spit, laughing. "I was so stupid to love someone as broken and fucked up as you. Nobody will love you, you piece of shit."

He let out a sob, covering his mouth. "Don't leave me," he pleaded, taking my hand. "I can't—"

"Don't touch me," I shouted, pushing him. He gave me a look of pain. "You will never touch me again, I swear to God. And this time, I give in. Because guess what?" I smiled wickedly, tears ran down my cheeks. "I don't love you anymore."

That was the biggest lie ever told.

I turned around, walking away. "Please Amarah!" He shouted, but I didn't stop. I ran and ran, as fast as I could. I couldn't stop the sobs from escaping, I wanted everything to end. Combined with my father, and now this.

He played with me.

Again.

He used me.

Again.

It was all a lie.

Again.

I couldn't stand this anymore. I had to finish it. It hurt too much. I wasn't a winner, I was a pathetic teenager blinded by the love he never received. Harmful thoughts won.

It was time to end everything forever.