TWENTY

DUTIES;

My head rested on his lap while we sat on his bed, I hummed quietly while playing with Draco's pale and agile fingers.

It's been a few days since we reconciled and I had to go visit my father tomorrow. I told Draco that my father had news and not that he was sick. I didn't want him to worry. I didn't want to mess things up again. With him, I wanted it to be normal.

"Would you let me paint your nails? "I asked quietly as his back rested on his headboard. His eyes narrowed towards me when I sent him a puppy look.

"Fuck, no." He snarled, pouting me.

"What if it was green?" I felt my lips contract in a smile. He took his fingers away from mine.

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes, but a small smile appeared on his lips.

I let out a giggle at his words, knowing that he would not agree. I let out a sigh before closing my eyes. "My legs are numb," he murmured, but I didn't move. He moved my forehead, causing my eyes to open suddenly to his smiling face. "Move, you idiot."

"Your legs are comfortable," I complained, shaking my head.

He let out a sigh before giving up, probably without having the heart to move me from this position. I liked being close to him. I liked his smell of cologne and mint, and how I felt warm and safe with him. I wanted it to be like this forever. "We have homework," I sighed. "But I don't want to do it."

"Then don't do it."

"You're supposed to convince me," I snorted, looking at him with a glance. He let out a giggle before pressing his fingers on my lips, tracing them. "They remind me of strawberries," he murmured quietly, looking at them. I pushed his arm away and sat down. "You are very strange."

He shrugged his shoulders and moved his legs. "At least I can feel my legs again, since your heavy head is not on them."

I let out a drowned scream. "How dare you?"

He ran a hand through his hair, a giggle passing through his perfect lips. I felt a smile grow on mine as I sat in crisscrossed apple sauce, bowing my head. "Have you ever dated anyone?" I asked, watching his body get stiff. His eyes looked at his legs at my words. "Did you ever dedicate yourself to a person?"

"No."

I nodded softly.

"Um," I answered, seeing how his body language showed that he was uncomfortable. But I forced myself to continue, wanting to know the answer to my question. "Well... what are we supposed to be?" I asked nervously.

He looked at me through his eyelashes. "What?"

I began to feel that nerves were taking hold of him as he concentrated on my face. "I just... I know that your father can't know, but are we together?"

His eyebrows furrowed slightly, his teeth trapped his lower lip. His finger turned his Slytherin ring as he reflected. "I don't know," he finally replied, confused. He didn't know?

Wasn't he going to ask me to be his girlfriend? I let out a sigh, I approached the edge and got out of bed.

"It doesn't matter, it's stupid."

"Why are you screwing this up?" He jumped out of bed. I looked at him, sending him a furious look.

"I don't want to be like those other girls," I defended myself. "I don't want to be more involved in anything than you."

"Here we go again," he threw his arms, sitting at the headboard. I felt my eyebrows rise when he let out a mockery. "Get over your insecurities." Point your finger at my figure." I'm so sick of this shit. "