THIRTY-THREE

THE WEASLEYS;

It was fucking cold.

I felt my body tremble as I walked along the icy roads, remembering that there was nothing but a small store near the Malfoy Mansion. I'm sure they loved their privacy. Unfortunately, the store was closed and it was snowing. It was nine at night and everything was silent, except for the howling wind.

While I was standing in front of the store, I heard my feet crawling next to me. Before I could let out a scream, I realized that it was... Ron? His blue eyes narrowed towards me, his hat almost fell out of his head. "Amara?" He asked, taking a step towards me. "What the hell are you doing here? It's very cold."

"Long story," I sighed, twisting my lip to the side. "The short story is that I have nowhere to go."

He approached and grabbed my hand, making my eyebrows furrow. "Where are you taking me?" I asked, and he turned his head towards me as we began to walk. "To my house, of course. I'm not going to let my best friend die of frostbite." He murmured, and I felt a small smile grow on my lips.

But then it vanished when I realized the circumstance in which I was.

I would have thought that Ron was mad at me, since our last meeting. "How will we get there?" I ask, and he pulls out his wand. He murmured a spell before we teleported inside his house, making me stumble over the change of scenery.

He sent me a smile. "With magic, of course." He arched an eyebrow. "Are you going to tell me why you were there now?"

I looked around her house, the warm diffuse sensation that accompanied her sank. "I discovered that Draco was engaged," I spit the words out of my mouth, feeling that sinking feeling again. Ron's face fell before my words. "I was a fool to believe that I could be happy."

"That's not true," Ron sighed, sending me a look. "You're in love with him."

"I wish I wasn't," I murmured, taking a seat on the soft-looking brown sofa.

I felt that the warm and soft fabric softened the pain in my back. This was heavenly. Mom would never let Fiona or me sit on the sofas because I was afraid that we would get them dirty. They were intended only for guests.

My mind went back to Draco when Ron sat next to me. Loving him was the best and the worst thing that could have happened to me.

"Ron, who is she?" Mrs. Weasley enters with an apron.

I stood up quickly before straightening my clothes, which was a long white sweater and black stockings underneath. "Mother," Ron stood up, gesturing to me. "She is Amara Rockwell. She is one of my best friends at school."

Ron's mother sent me a smile. "Delighted to meet you, my dear," he shook my hand and I felt a sting in my heart.

I wish my mother would treat me like that.

I swallowed saliva before putting on a fake smile. "Thank you for letting me into your house," I said politely. "She's absolutely beautiful, Mrs. Weasley."

She shook her head. "Please call me Molly." Then he turned Ron's head. "Where are the onions for the Cornish cakes?" She hit him on the arm with the fabric she was holding in her hand. He sent him a pout while he rubbed his arm.

"The store was closed, mom. I told you to let me go sooner."

I bit my lip to suppress a smile when Mrs. Weasley hit him again, making him shudder. She turns to me while he grunts between his teeth. "Are you hungry, my dear? We were about to have dinner."

I sent him a soft smile. I wasn't so hungry, especially when I was thinking about Draco. But the look he was giving me, and with how confident I felt here, I felt that my sadness barely faded. I nodded, my brain didn't catch up with my actions. I guess I could eat.