TWENTY-NINE

START AGAIN;

After about a week, I was excused from the infirmary. I spoke with Dumbledore, who was extremely worried about my mental health. He asked me why I would try to kill myself in front of the students and what pushed me to the limit.

I lied and said that I was stressed with school, but that I just wanted to sleep. I had slept intermittently for a week, Draco visited me between each class period, after school, before school and, sometimes, after the curfew. I didn't think he loved me, because it was too easy.

How am I supposed to believe him after everything he has done to me?

I wanted to go to my bedroom, but Draco insisted that I sleep in his, since there was no one but him living there. I was sitting on his bed while he unpacked my clothes and kept them in the drawers. "You don't have to do that." I sighed. "I can -"

"It's okay." He murmured without turning around. I twisted my mouth to the side when it was over, turning around to look at myself. "Does your stomach feel better?" He asked, scratching his neck nervously. I nodded, feeling weird. I wasn't used to being nice.

"Are you hungry?"

I shook my head. "No."

"You're eating something?"

"Enough," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. His blue eyes narrowed when I bit the inside of my cheek. "I know you're being nice, but you're also being aggressive, Draco. You are not my slave."

"Well, I'm sorry, but you just tried to kill yourself, Amara. How am I supposed to act?" He explodes, his anger takes hold of him. I don't say anything, because I was right. "And it's my fault. I made you think that those words I called you were true. I'm screwed and..."

"Draco," I grimaced, standing up. He stood up in his position while I shook my head, rigidly. "I don't want to blame anyone..."

"But it's my fucking fault!" He shouted, hitting the wall next to him. I jumped while breathing heavily through my nose, the muscles of his back flexed as I faced him. His forehead leaned against the wall. "I'm a fucking coward. I was too scared to fall in love with anyone." He admitted.

I walked slowly towards him, grabbing my stomach, not wanting to break the stitches. "Look at me, Draco." I spoke softly. He turned around, inhaling hard when his eyes landed on mine. I felt my eyes tear. "I went through hell. My father died and the only boy he loved treated me like pure shit. I wanted to hate you, but I couldn't." I felt a tear roll down my cheek, his lips in a firm line before my words.

"And I should hate you. I really should. But I don't. In fact, I don't think anyone has cared about someone as much as I care about you. That's fucked up, isn't it? But it's the truth."

I wiped a tear, shaking my head. "If you hurt me again, I won't be able to stand it. And I mean it, Draco. I can't handle it. I've been through a lot, so if you want me to forgive you, you must give me your word that you won't make me suffer again."

He remained silent, with his jaw clenched. I closed my eyes and leaned my forehead against his chest. "Please. Please Promise Me, Draco."

And then I felt his hand on my head, gently rubbing the place. "I promise." That's all he said, wrapping his arms around my little figure. We stayed like this for a while. He held me in his arms, as I wanted. That was all I needed. I just needed it, and I think he really cared about me. Because I had to believe that. If I don't, I don't think I would survive. This was his last chance. Because I wouldn't lose it; I would lose.

---

Fortunately, the winter holidays arrived quickly. Rumors about me trying to stab me with a bloody knife were circulating, but I had Draco by my side. He cursed anyone who dared to look at me, and I had to prevent him from hitting a guy so he didn't ask me what happened. He walked with me everywhere and told me that he didn't care if his father found out. He wanted to be with me and that was enough. It depended so much on him that it was scary.