THIRTY-FOUR

IN THE NAME OF LOVE;

I stopped at the Malfoy mansion, well, outside of it.

I came to send my apologies for what had happened two nights ago. I will stay with Mrs. Weasley until classes start again, and I will return to her house after talking to the Malfoys. My mother didn't even bother to call or ask me where I was, what was expected.

After knocking on the door, the front door opened to reveal one of the house elves. "Em. Rockwell, would you like to see Miss and Mr. Malfoy?" "Yes, Dobby. If it isn't any trouble."

The adorable little elf nodded before going to look for them. When Narcissa and Lucius arrived at the door, I felt my heart racing. "Amara", Narcissa sends me a look of surprise, Lucius gives me a cold one. "I was worried about you. Did you get home safely?"

I lied. "Yes. Thank you for asking," I answer politely, swallowing saliva. "Is Draco at home? I would like to talk to him. I continue, my voice is silent.

Lucius raised an eyebrow at my words. "He doesn't want to talk to you," he said harshly, making my heart break. I knew he was lying. Draco wanted to talk to me. He told me himself.

I swallowed saliva. "I don't believe you."

Narcissa looked down while Lucius got angry, his grip on his cane tightened. "How dare you give me that tone standing in front of me in my own house?" He clenched his teeth, maintaining a straight posture. "Why would my son talk to a blood traitor like you?"

"Because I love him," I snapped, feeling my fists clenching. "And he loves me. And you can't keep us apart." I raised my voice, feeling my cheeks getting hot. "I... won't leave."

And then he giggled.

As if he found fun in my wallowing.

He was heartless, evil.

Vile.

I felt like I was getting smaller when he took a step closer. "My son would never love you. He himself told me that he despised you just a few months ago," he spat on me, causing my face to fall off. "I would never have a silly son who loves someone as embarrassing as you. Who cries in front of people?" He Sneered. "You are pathetic."

"Take that back," I felt my teeth clenching. "Take that back, m..."

"Amara?"

My eyes are fixed on Draco, who was standing on the stairs. I felt my breath cut off when his eyes opened and I noticed how horrible he looked. In just two days, he looked thinner and there were bags in his eyes under his sky blue eyes, which looked duller. He was wearing black sweatpants and a black sweater, his hair was messy. "Why didn't you tell me you came?" He ran down the stairs, but his father pushed him back.

"You can't be with her Draco, do you remember our deal?"

"What deal?" I hissed, Draco's eyes flying towards me.

"What deal, Draco? What are you talking about?"

Draco let out a trembling sigh. "It was her or Fiona," he said, finally drowning, making my eyebrows pucker. He swallowed with difficulty. "It was Astoria or Fiona, and I chose Astoria because..." he looked at the ground. "Because I knew I would kill you if I chose her."

I stumbled backwards, feeling that the floor was swallowing me completely. "Why can't it be me?" I felt my voice shaking. "What's wrong with me? I'm his sister, for Merlin's sake!"

"Because you're not a fucking Slytherin!" Lucius shouted, hitting the door frame with his hand.

Draco's eyes looked at Lucius. "Don't talk to her like that," he growled, increasing his anger at his father. "She doesn't deserve this. Nothing of this."