FOURTY - NINE

F O R T Y - N I N E

FOR ETERNITY;

I had managed to avoid Draco when I skipped breakfast this morning, knowing that he was going to try to find me. I was hurt by his words. Didn't he want to be with me then? It seemed that he enjoyed life more when he wasn't with me than when he was.

I felt this constant feeling of sinking in my stomach every time I thought about his words, which distracted me. I shuddered when I felt a hand on my shoulder, surprising me when I saw that it was Hermione. We were currently in the hallways, and his big brown eyes looked wide at me. "Amara... can we talk?"

I swallowed saliva, nodding hesitantly. "Uh- okay."

She seemed a little relieved when I said yes, and then she took me to one of the many empty classrooms at Hogwarts. When she closed the door behind her, I made sure to stay away from her. I knew what I wanted to talk about. "I did something," she said nervously with his fingers, looking down. "Something wrong. And I need you to let me finish before you yell and yell at me."

I felt my fists clenching. "What did you do, Hermione?"

Swallow with difficulty, blinking quickly. "Astoria approached me before Slytherin's party and threatened me. He told me that if he didn't push Draco to accept my drink, he would tell the teachers that I've been ..." he shut up. losing his courage. "that I've been doing Ron's work for him. Then we would both get a zero in Potion—"

"Are you serious?" I spit, making her shudder. "You gave Draco a drink that could have killed him because you've been doing Ron's work?!"

"I know and I'm very sorry..."

"Whatever you gave him, he changed it. He was..." I was paralyzed, holding my breath tightly.

"He was a monster, and it's your fault. You have to live with that. I can't believe you," I sneered.

"This is really fucked up, Hermione."

"She told me that the potion wasn't bad," she frowned. "What did he do?"

And then I felt my eyes get wet, the memory flooded my brain. Every blow, every curse, every dirty name he told me. I felt the anger skyrocketing. "He hit me again and again." I forced myself out, watching his face fall. "And now he feels nothing but guilt. And because of you, we just broke up. So thank you, Hermione. You are a lovely friend."

And with that, I pushed her and left the class. I ignored his calls after my name, feeling my head beat. Excellent. My best friend betrayed me and I didn't even know what terms Draco and I were on. Could this day get worse?

"Amara."

Yes, I could. I quickly turned around, feeling how anger was unleashed in me when I found her green eyes. The smile of sufficiency on her face was evident when her eyebrows rose slightly, a false look of surprise on her face. "What happened to your face?" Question, almost like a giggle. "It looks like you had a real fight."

I couldn't stand it. I did everything I could to ignore this horrible wench, but I couldn't do it anymore. Without thinking about it, the fire started in my fist, I swung backwards before giving her a strong blow to the jaw, making her immediately fall to the ground. She let out a choked scream as she grabbed his jaw in a state of shock. "Stop!" I ignored the other students who were looking at us in the hallway. "I haven't done anything to you, so why are you making fun of me and trying to ruin my life?"

She remained silent, with red cheeks, as she looked at me without understanding. I rolled my eyes before passing by her, until I heard her murmur 'because I love him'. I froze at that, letting her words penetrate.

She loves Draco?

I turned around and took a look at him. She helped herself get up while people started walking again, probably just wanting to see a fight, and left when nothing else happened. "I've always loved him, and I was going to have him, until you arrived. Since I met him when I was 8 years old."

And then I laughed.

At her face.

Her face tightened as he looked at her from top to bottom, and then I sent her an unpleasant look. "Sucks since it seems that he is only capable of loving himself."

And I didn't believe in my own words at all.

----

I decided to sit in the place on the roof that Draco showed me, even though I almost tried to jump out of him once. Even though I had horrible memories, we also had some good ones that lay here. In addition, I needed air and an open space to think. I inhaled the oxygen intact while the spring air kissed my cheeks. I didn't hear the person coming after me, which made me startled when I felt a presence next to me. "Are you still coming here?"

I felt my heart squirm when my green eyes landed on his. Heartbreak. That's what was inside of me, biting me. I didn't respond as I looked at his eyes again, a sigh left his lips. "I'm sorry," he apologized, and sounded genuine. "The things I said ... were not entirely true. I just knew they would hurt you, that's why I said it."

"So I'm not clingy? It's good to know." I commented sarcastically, still without looking at it.

"You are," he murmured, making my eyes snap. His lips curved into a slight smile when he put his hand on my thigh. "But that's what I love about you. I hate being alone, which is what I've been all my life. I didn't enjoy anyone's company until I met you. I guess I have a fucked-off way of expressing it."

I looked at his hand. "I'm sorry for what I said about your father."

His hand withdrew, making me look at him again. He clenched his jaw. "It's whatever it is," he shrugged. "Nothing that I didn't deserve, and it's not that it's not true."

"It's not," I say too quickly. "You're not anything like him. He's cruel and ruthless, and you're just cruel." I joked, and I managed to get a little smile on his lips. Then I felt him put his hand on my cheek, admiring my features.

"I'm so in love with you," he snapped, making my eyes bigger. His eyebrows rose as he looked at me. "Fuck, you drive me crazy."

"In a good or bad way?"

"Both."

We were both smiling like idiots at each other, and then he drew me to his chest, letting my head rest on his throbbing heart. It sounded embarrassing and heartbreaking, that's why I thought it would be perfect right now. "For eternity?" I asked him softly, listening to him laugh. "Fuck, I'm not..."

"Say it, damn it."

"Good," he sighed, kissing the top of my head.

"For eternity, Amara Rockwell. I will be yours for eternity."