FOURTY-FOUR

ANIMALS;

Shit.

I quickly ran after my boyfriend as he furiously left Hufflepuff's common room, looking to find my ex. I kept babbling his name as I ran after him, but my short legs couldn't compete with his long ones. Very soon, he found him, sitting on one of the shelves of the many corridors of the schools. "Draco!" I screamed, but he didn't listen when I saw his eyes turn red.

He approached Cedric, who was laughing at something his friend was saying. His eyes blinked towards Draco approaching him, a smile growing on his lips. "Malfo—"

He was interrupted when Draco's fist connected with his jaw, a moan escaped from his lips as he flew down the ledge. Cedric's friend tried to push Malfoy, but the blond pushed him harder, making him fall. "You want to talk shit to my girl?" Draco screamed, kicking Cedric in the ribs.

I covered my mouth with one hand while he was kicking him again, but this time in the face. Cedric's face began to look deformed when Draco grabbed him by the neck, giving him another strong blow that threw him to the ground. "Draco," I moaned.

"Damn piece of shit," he snarled, standing on his body as he lifted it. I shuddered when he immobilized him against the wall, his figure was smoking with rage while a sinister smile appeared on his face. "Tell me what you told her, Diggory. Let's go."

He looked like a lunatic, with his hand wrapped around his throat. I swallowed saliva while he squeezed tightly, Cedric's eyes came out of his head while he felt nauseous. "Can't you talk now?"

"Malfoy, that's enough." A random boy said, but Draco glanced at him, causing the boy to move away. Then, the blond looked at Cedric again. I saw Cedric grab Draco's arm, trying to push him, his feet weren't even on the ground while Draco held him higher around his throat. "Stop," I shouted. "Draco, please stop. Just stop!"

Draco strangled him for a few more seconds before dropping him to the ground, his body hitting the tile floor. The blond's knuckles were bloody and bruised, his rings and the white shirt of the uniform were covered with the brown's blood. Then he held his expensive shoe over the boy's chest. "You're nothing more than a pathetic bitch."

"And your girlfriend is a whore." Cedric choked, causing Draco's eyes to enlarge. Before I could kill him, I grabbed him by the arm. "Draco—"

But then I felt him push me to the ground, making me land on my arm. "Ah!" I screamed, feeling my wrist crush. Draco didn't listen to me as he sat on top of Cedric, sending more and more blows to Cedric. " Mr. Malfoy!" Snape quickly grabbed Draco, taking him away from Cedric, who I think was unconscious.

I held my wrist while I lay on the floor, a look of pain on my face as my wrist pulsed. Draco looked like an animal; his nostrils were widened, his eyebrows were furrowed, his chest was agitated, his hair was messy, Cedric's blood all over him. "Are you hurt?, Miss Rockwell." Professor Mcgonagall helped me get up, grabbing my arm.

Draco turned his head towards me, his face fell in shock because of what he did to me. He instantly changed his traits of regret and worry when I swallowed saliva. "I'm-I'm fine," I rejected her, until I let out a cry of pain when she touched my wrist.

Draco shuddered.

"It's broken," she nodded. "Come. I'll take you to the Nurse."

Draco looked at me with a sad look as she took me away, taking me away from the scene.

----

I was lying on the nurse's bed, with a bandage around my wrist. It was crooked. I had to stay until tonight, and I was extremely worried about Draco. I know he only pushed me by accident, since he can't think clearly when he's angry. But I didn't want him to think about it too much. But he hasn't visited me. It's been hours and he hasn't come. Hermione, Ron and Harry visited us an hour ago and I told them everything that happened.

There was a mixture of 'bloody hell', 'I'm going to kill that Hufflepuff' and 'I hope they expel him.' But I couldn't stop waiting for Draco, until I fell asleep. In the middle of my dream, I felt someone sitting on my bed. I opened my eyes. "Draco?" I rubbed my eyes stunned, but then I jumped when I saw Astoria sitting, impeccable and elegant.

She sent me a sweet smile, making the chills run down my back. "I wanted to see how you are. I heard that you had an unpleasant sprain." I sat down, keeping a distance. "What do you want?"

"Draco," shrugged, smiling. "In fact, I just saw it now. Has he visited you?" He asks innocently, making my heart tighten.

My silence was enough response for her, a giggle left her lips. "Oh, didn't he? It's a shame."

"He's my boyfriend." I swallowed with difficulty. "You can't—"

"Wouldn't your boyfriend come to visit you if he really cared?" She asked, making me think. It didn't visit me. How did she see it? "I chatted with him for a few minutes before he went to his bedroom. He seemed... good. He wasn't worried at all, in fact."

"Out," I spit. Manipulative bitch. "This is my relationship, so stay on the sidelines."

"He will be mine," she snapped, pointing to her bony chest. She stood up before leaning in front of me, her face right in front of mine. "After all, it was too easy to make Cedric like me, how difficult can it be for Draco? He will just leave you for me. Very soon, your insecurities will make him get tired of you. He will seek someone strong, not pitiful and weak.

I was silent, in a state of shock, while she smiled. "Get well soon."

She turned around before moving away, swinging her hips. I felt my fingers squeeze the sheets while his words sank.

He didn't come to see me.

Does he care?

Of course he cares about me.

But then, why didn't he come?

I let out a sigh before snuggling in my blanket, pretending it was Draco.

That night was cold.