thirty.

(love island, episode thirty-eight)

__________

the football player stood beside laura watching the rugby player walk further and further away from the love island villa until they couldn't see him anymore as one by one, the islanders all started to go back to the garden.

michael stayed in the same place hugging his girl best friend who cried into his bare chest at the boy who she had a connection with leaving the villa, "it's-its okay," he told laura rubbing her back as he tried calming himself down from letting any more tears out, "he said that he was gonna wait for me on the outside," laura told her boy best friend looking up to michael who nods his head, "he will, i know jacques will,"

the best friend stood for a little bit more in silence as paige comes to them, "hey," laura moved away from the couple as luca came and comforted laura who went back to the garden.

the football player looked to his coupled up partner, "he actually left," paige nods her head, "mike, i know he was your best friend but he wasn't ok in here," she tells him, "he wasn't himself in here after what happened in casa," the davidson boy let out a breath, "i know, it just sucks that he's actually gone now,"

dami, andrew and luca all came to michael taking the football player upstairs onto the terrace to have a conversation as paige went to her friend's side comforting laura, "be hard for laura," luca commented as michael hummed, "definitely,"

michael looked at his friend, "he needed it, i think," luca said, "he's obviously been feeling it for a little while," michael hummed at what dami said, "i feel like he did learn a lot of things here with his emotions, actually expressing them,"

a tear slipped from michael's eye trailing down his face, "only take that as positives," michael played with his water bottle lid, "we've still got us, boys, do you know what i mean?"

luca put a hand onto michael's shoulder who didn't speak the entire time, as he looked off to the side feeling another tear slip down his face at his friend leaving.

____

with his best friend leaving the love island villa, michael just wanted to be alone for a little while, but couldn't be alone as he was at the sun lounger where adam, billy and josh joined him at the sun lounger, "hey, man,"

michael turned his head looking to billy, "hi," he wasn't really in the mood to socialise with anyone at the moment, "we're sorry about jacques leaving," michael hummed, "he needed to leave, didn't he?"

michael was about to say something to the three boys who joined him when ekin-su joined them, "how are we?" billy asked, "good, thanks,"

adam looked at ekin, "just had a little chat with davide," ekin nods her head, "yea, everything ok?" adam hummed, "it's cool, it's cool,"

"what was the chat about?"

michael moved his sunglasses down looking to ekin-su knowing the girl was getting annoyed with her coupled up partner, "the chat..he asked what was the vibe yesterday with ekin-su? and i said, do you wanna know the honest truth?"

ekin nods her head, "she was a hundred perfect respectful, i said, she didn't 100% cut us down, but she didn't say a hundred percent say she was up for anything as well," adam continued, "but i said, you can't ask for anything more, she was respectful, she showed us round the villa, but, at the same time, i said you were willing to maybe try and see if you could get to know anyone, cos we are single,"