fourty-two.

(love island, episode fifty-two)

___________

michael said when another phone text alert went off, the davidson lad running a hand through his brunette hair, "..adam and laura," gemma said looking to the two dumped couples.

michael stood up from his place coming towards his closest friends and embracing laura in his arms, "i am going to miss you," laura looked at her best friend, "it's only a few more days," she told him, "we'll see each other soon,"

michael smiled sadly at his best friend who wrapped her arms around his waist hugging michael closer to her when michael bro hugged adam.

"me and adam have had our differences.." he said to the beach hut camera, "but weve worked through them and he has became one of my closest friends in here," he said at the camera, "i am gonna miss seeing his and laura's faces in the morning and danica's contagions smile,"

michael then came to danica and jamie hugging the dancer and footballer couple, his arms wrapping around danica's shoulders.

"danica.." he said to the beach hut camera, "she was definitely something, she kept her head held high," michael said with sad smile, "i am definitely going to miss our playful chats and banter,"

the lads all watched as jamie and adam pack their suitcases as the safe male islanders kind of helped him pack, michael putting a hand onto jamie's shoulder, "i had fun playing football with you, man," he said clapping his hand against jamie's hand, "you too, man, you too,"

the lads all went to the front of the love island villa door waiting for danica and laura who came down the love island stairs, "it has been the most surreal experience of my life," danica said hugging laura, "very grateful to be leaving with jamie and my best friend," she said about her coupled up partner and laura who smiled, "see you soon, guys,"

"see you soon,"

the safe islanders watched as the two dumped couples walked further and further away as danica and laura both danced before going to their coupled up partners who rolled their suitcases.

____

"now there's only five couples left,"

michael ran a hand through his brunette hair wrapping an arm around his coupled up partner's arm, "i really do hope that it works out for them," he said about the two couples, "because danica and laura deserve it,"

paige laid her head on michael's chest, "it's sad to see them go but knowing that they're happy in where they are at makes the four of them going a little bit better," michael hummed at that understanding where his partner was coming from.

____

the five couples all sat in the kitchen couch expect from gemma and luca, "they've had a massive argument over nothing," ekin said when michael said, "you've never done that, to be fair, have you?"

he said as ekin chuckled, "no, but at least our arguments are arguments, do you know what i mean?" she said as michael hummed, "it's about something,"

indiyah looked at her friends, "they just have opposite opinions about the situation, they're both entitled to their feelings," indiyah said as michael nods his head looking down to his coupled up partner.