4 || SUMMER LOVIN'

July 4 | 3:54 pm

July 4 | 3:54 pm

"Keysi!" Kela said swimming around in 3ft. "Hm?" I said sitting on the concrete with my legs in the water. "Niah and Nevaeh here on the other side of the pool, let's go over there." She said making me look up to see Niah and Demi on the other side of the pool with Niah's little sister Nevaeh.

"Nah stay over here in the shade." I said due to the fact me and the girls haven't spoken since our disagreement so i don't know where we stand.

aint no beef, i'm just over them bitches and since Leila is gone to cheer camp, Kela been my lil bestie.

She continued to swim around by herself, looking a lil sad.

I put my head back down when I got a text message from Kurse, making me grin at my phone.

We been hanging out or whatever but I still don't like him.

"Hey Keysi." Rhyon said sitting next to me in a pink two piece that looked just like mine. "Hey boo, you look cute." I smiled at her.

She accepted the compliment and complimented to me back and we started browsing everybody in our view. "The niggas is out." She says tilting her LV shades down, I laughed.

Rhyon doesn't normally speak urban, she always saying some smart or "proper" shit. "Hey Kela." Rhyon spoke to my sister as she was pouting and floating around.

"What's wrong with her?" Rhyon asked me when Kela ain't speak back. "She asked if she could play with Niah's lil sis and normally I would let her but we ain't on the best terms right now." I explained and she nodded, discontinuing her questions.

Music started playing from the speakers above the pool area. "Happy 4th of July yall." The Dj got on the mic as more people started coming in the pool gates.

A hood tradition for southside chicago, every 4th all the kids and teen from the neighborhood comes out to Shirley B Winston park because normally it's a 20 dollar entry fee per person but July 4th is the only day of the year when it's completely free. It's been the highlight of our summer for years but after 8 pm, it's the most dangerous day of the summer for the youth.

also known to be the Sinner's Sunset. (hood nickname)

Me and Rhyon was vibing to the music, talking to niggas, and rolling blunts for a while.

i really fw this hoe

"Lowkey i been keeping it classy, could be really out here doing em' nasty." Me and Rhyon rapped along to the music se she recorded us.

My mood got ruined by the disturbing visual of Kurse standing in w group talking to females along with two other niggas & that bitch Zaara.

"Here." Rhyon said passing me the blunt and still vibing to the music. I took it from her fingers and hit it.