47 || LONGLIVEKD

January 20 | 9:47 am

A dark silence filled the room as I struggled to tie this tie in the mirror for the past 20 minutes. "Need help?" I heard, turning my head to see Titi with a slightly puffy face. "This nigga just had to die" I shook my head in irritation, unraveling the tie.

Probably wouldn't have to deal with no dumbass tie if it wasn't for this funeral because obviously nobody was ever getting married.

Titi chuckled, walking over to me and messing with my tie. "How are you?" She asked as I looked down on her. "How are you?" I returned the question, knowing neither of us could give a answer. "She's gonna need you Kurse, now more than ever" She said referring to Keysi.

And there wasn't much that could make it better, Everybody thinks I'm the only person who even had a chance of getting through to her.

"Don't really know what i'm supposed to do." I said staring off into space, failing to imagine what she's going through right now. "Just be there" Titi advised him.

AP: He honestly didn't know if he could be there for her, he was a wreck himself because he felt like he failed everybody. Kadir did what he did for the reason that he didn't want anybody else to worry about it but all Kurse could do was worry because the same people that were important to Kadir are important to him too so now he has to be here with them all, knowing that he did nothing to help.

"There" She said patting my chest, as the sophisticated tie sat. "Aye Kurse, you know how to do this sh-" Rax said coming upstairs with his tie all messed up. "I got it" Titi shook her head, doing his tie too.

I walked out the room, going into Rhyon's room to see if she was ready but ended up seeing her crying on the edge of her bed. I quickly walked over to her, comforting her.

"Sahil I have to tell you something" She sniffled. I looked at her with a concerned look. "I'm pregnant" She mumbled and I put on a thinking face, "It's his baby" I assumed and she nodded, crying harder onto my chest.

Everybody finished getting ready and started loading up the cars to head to the funeral. I held the door open for Lia who was probably going through it the worst after Keysi & Rhyon.

***

10:56 am

We made it to the funeral and I saw Kela and walking around by herself. "Hey Kela" I said and she just gave me an emotionless expression. "Hey" She said with a emotionless face before quickly walking away.

I watched as she walked away and sat in between her dad and Keysi as everybody took their seats because the funeral was starting.

"Gyat damn" Rax whispered-yelled making Zaara pop him like a child. "I already know I ain't making it to heaven but look at the ass on them" Rax pointed at a group of girls that looked like they could be from multiple generations. They all shared the same darker skin tone as Kela and definitely shared the same ass as Keysi.

"Bruh those probably Kadir cousins and aunties, he bout to haunt you nigga" Drako whispered making me chuckle and Sierra shushed us. Rax started praying as the pastor spoke, probably asking Kadir for forgiveness.

knowing damn well that nigga ain't making it to heaven either.

11:32 an

My leg shook uncontrollably when it was time for the casket viewing, I didn't want to see him on his back. I could never get used to seeing him resting because he was always up and ready for anything.

I looked over at Kela who just let tears fall down her face but it was no real emotion, just tears. She had barely said 10 words all day, nor has she said much since we found out about him.

"Come on" My dad said grabbing my hand and I grabbed Kela's as we stood up and walked over to his casket.

Kela turned away from the casket as soon as she saw him. I wanted to tell her that it's okay but it's not, he shouldn't be here right now. I can't believe the day is going to end with us burying him right next to our mom.

I grabbed his hand that felt just like a doll, a lifeless body that was once filled with so much energy. I took my hand away and held my mouth, following Kela back to our seats as my dad just stood there and looked at him.

His first child, his only son.

He walked back over and sat down, moving uncomfortably in his seat. "Your brother still smells like weed" He whispered to me and Kela, making us quietly chuckle but that only formed more tears.

Minutes passed as everybody walked up to see Kadir and finally, Lia walked up with Kasen. Kasen reached his arms out, confused on why Kadir wasn't grabbing him making Lia cry harder.

Zaara, Sierra, and Titi were by her side the whole time. I couldn't be bitter with that. Despite everything, Kadir was loved by everybody.

Sahil and Rhyon turned around to look at me before viewing the body but I looked away before more tears fell. It killed me not to be on good terms with them right now, kills me even more knowing about Rhyon's pregnancy.

Time passed again and it was all over. Everyone stood around outside after my uncle's and cousin's carried his casket to the hearse.

We watched it drive away as I peeped a black truck that's been sitting there since the funeral first started. The window rolled down, seeing me looking at the car.

It was Tremani, he pulled something from around his neck, flashing it and it was the chain our mom gave all three of her children. The chain that Kadir never took off, unlike me and Kela.

My eyes widened as he rolled the window back off and drove off.

𝓚

𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙

𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙

"I will always love you, how i do. let go of a prayer for you"
/ godspeed