29 || BIG EIGHTEEN

September 7 |10:42 am

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOVA" Kela jumped on my bed, waking me out my sleep. Kadir blew a party horn in my face. "Happy birthday fat head." He said as they both stood over me.

I was irritated already. "Get up dad made breakfast." Kadir said removing the covers off of me as him and Kela exited my room. I rolled over to get my phone and see everybody texting me happy birthday and posting me. I didn't bother to look through them because posting is this generation's excuse for an actual gift, sad.

I got out the bed, taking my time since I haven't spoken to my dad since Sahil told me he spoke with him. "Hey Ocean." I said as he climbed up my legs, he jumped tryna get me to pick him up.

"I'm doing something." I snapped and he ran back to his corner in my room where he had his toys, bed and bowls at.

I did my oral and face routine and put something on to go downstairs in, Ocean followed. He ran out the back once we made it down there, probably to go potty. I went in the kitchen where my dad and Kela was.

"Happy birthday babygirl." My dad said walking over to me, kissing my head. "Thanks." I said. "You didn't tell me thank you." Kela rolled her eyes, with a mouth full of food.

"Because you jumped on me." I mugged her. "What you got planned today?" My dad asked. "Nothing, going to see mom." I said and the room went silent. "AHHHHH" Kadir yelled running in the kitchen as Ocean chased him.

"Bruh that mf just tried to kill me." He said tryna catch his breath. I shook my head at him, picking Ocean up. "Don't spend the whole day there Keysi, you 18. You need to enjoy it." My dad said pushing a plate of food across the island to me.

I fed Ocean my bacon since I don't eat it. "I don't got nothing else to do, i'm going to new york with Sahil tomorrow." I said making Kadir choke. "Who said you can do that?" He asked and I mugged him. "Does that mean I can keep Ocean while you're gone?" Kela said and Ocean popped his head up.

"If he wants you to." I shrugged. "I'm stuck on her going by herself with Kurse." Kadir and looking at dad. "Leave your sister alone, how many females you done been with out of town?" My dad asked.

"This ain't about me, what yall going to new york for?" He asked and I thought for a moment since I didn't wanna tell them about the meeting and jinx it. "It's just a birthday trip." I said. "He paying for everything right?" My dad asked me making me get up from the island.

"I gotta go, love yall." I said shooing them
away as they complained and asked more questions.

I went back upstairs and packed Ocean a bag of his essentials since we were gonna be out all day. I brushed his fur and put some coconut oil through it to keep his fur soft.

"Okay go." I pointed to the door and he ran out to go back downstairs. I shut my door, getting ready for a shower.

I turned on my music and hopped in the shower and washed my body, I did some shaving since I was going to be with my man tomorrow.