46 || NEW YEAR

Decemeber 31 | 10:50 pm

"Are you gonna go speak to him?" I heard Rhyon in my ear over the loud ass music. "Huh?" I snapped back into reality, sipping my cup.

"Y'all just gon have a staring contest or is yall gonna talk all night?" She referred to me and Sahil. "We not having a staring contest" I mugged. "So you telling me you didn't just see that man get twerked on like 3 times in like past hour." She chuckled making me frown.

We were on two sides of the building but was still in each other's direct view. It was like the universe just wanted us to see each other. We looked at each other occasionally in the mix of him getting twerked on and talking to different girls but I was just standing there, drinking and looking at him.

Just when I thought he was done entertaining hoes...Titi, Lia & Sierra walked over to him and he gave all of them a side hug making me scrunch up my face. "Umm when did they get cool?" I said watching Sahil have a conversation with Titi, licking his lips at her and all.

She just stared at me. "They been cool for a minute." She said. "What? You knew about this?" I said. "Keysi he's my brother. He told me not to tell you." She said and I put my cup down."So no heads up or nothing? And let me guess Zaara was with him in New York?" I said.

"She's gay Keysi." She scrunched up her face. "But he knows I don't fw them" I said. She sighed "Asking him to pick you over them is like asking you to pick him over Kadir" She said.

"But when I didn't ask him to pick, he had no problem cutting them off." I said. "Shit just changed, told you that yall both tryna figure shit out" She said. "But how are you tryna get me to talk to him when you know he's back cool with them? That's backwards Rhyon and you know that" I mugged her. "I'm still rooting for yall but at the end of the day, he's my brother" "Right." I said grabbing my purse and walking away from her.

"Yo, where you going?" Kadir stopped me. "I'm going home" I said. "Why? It ain't even the new year yet?" He asked. "Just not feeling it" I shrugged. "I gotta talk to you about something. Some shit bout to happen and-" I cut him off, getting triggered by Sahil's face again.

"Can you just text it to me, I gotta go." I said pushing pass him and the packed crowd to get out the door.

Author's POV

Kadir stood in the middle of the room, debating on chasing after Keysi since what he had to tell her couldn't be said through text. He brushed it off and just decided not to tell her, thinking it was for the better.

He walked off greeting some of his guest but mainly looking for Rhyon. "Yo" He said getting her attention from her phone. "Hey" She said dryly. "You good? You not drinking or nothing"  He said concerned since she was always the first one to be drunk.

"I'm not feeling good" She said. "What's wrong?" He grabbed her waist, pulling her in and got down close to her ear so they could communicate over the music. "Nothing, just feeling a little weird." She said removing his hands as the tension grew between them.