48 || THE END

January 20 | 12:09 pm

"You good?" My dad asked coming up to me after a while of minimum contact with everyone. "Progressing" I shrugged as our eyes both made their way to Kela, who's just been staring off in space since the funeral ended.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I said and he looked at me. "There's no time frame on healing, this could affect her for the rest of her life" He said. "She's already not doing well with socialization but now she's not even talking" I said.

"Yeah, all I can do is get her to go to her therapy sessions more" He said. "She'll need it in a time like this" I said. "Keysi" He put his hand on my shoulder.

"She hasn't said much since you moved out. I'm sure seeing her brother like that is damaging but she's been this way for a while now" He said making me instantly feel bad, maybe she feels like we abandoned her.

"Do something for me though" He said and I looked at him. "Self evaluate" He said making me scrunch up my face. "How much longer are you gonna stay mad at Sahil when you don't even know what you're mad at?" He said.

"I'm not mad, just respecting his space" I said. "You are his space." He said and I turned, seeing Sahil staring at me as people around him chattered, his eyes were glued to me.

"Go talk to him, we lost 2 of ours in under a decade. Can't afford to not live to love anymore" He said walking away, alerting Kela that they were about to go. I glanced over at Sahil once more before deciding to walk over there, not for him though.

Once I made my presence known, everybody stopped talking and just looked at me with sappy faces. "Hey" I said to Lia as she held Kasen on her hip. "Hi" She flashed me a small smile, shuffling Kasen.

I went in my purse and pulled out three checks that I found while cleaning out Kadir's house. I shuffled through them to find the one that was for her. "It's from Kadir, money for Kasen" I handed the check of 50k to her. She looked down at the check before looking up at me. It was a awkward tension between us but I broke it by hugging her.

"Thank you" She said softly, wiping her face. I nodded as Zaara took her away since she was getting shaky again. I looked over at Rhyon, going back into my purse to grab another check and putting the other one back since it was money for Kela.

"He knew about the baby" I said handing her the check with a note that he wrote alongside it and she looked at it then up at me. "I'm good" She rubbed her arms. "You pregnant?" Drako said.
"By Kadir??????" Rax said making me mug them.

"He wouldn't allow it to go no other way Rhyon" I said and she busted out in tears. My first reaction was to hug her, I owed her that. Just like Kadir, you never saw her sad or down, she was always up and ready.

"TT baby" I whispered in her ear while rubbing her stomach as her tears calmed down. She laughed, squeezing me back. "Always thought it was gonna be you first" She said and I rolled my eyes."I'm very careful unlike you" I said pulling away from the hug.