50 || UNFINISHED BUSINESS

AUTHOR'S POV

life in the big city...

March 11 | 4:56 | East Village, NYC

"Bae" Sahil whispered into the phone since Zaara was on the phone with promoters in his office. "Yes?" Keysi said on the other side of the line through her airpods.

"Pop a tit" He joked, smirking in the facetime camera as she sat at a desk, sewing together a pair of jeans for her clothing line. Keysi chuckled and shook her head, looking around her at everybody else working. "Can you stop?" She smiled at the camera.

They became alot more clingy when they got back together and with Keysi working at her new york boutique, "Nova" where she also made pieces for her website, by the time she'd finish Sahil would be at the club until 2-3 am so they spent a lot of time on the phone with each other during work which wasn't that much of a problem since they're both entrepreneurs.

"Bae come on" Sahil through his head back on his chair. Their busy schedules also put a dent in their intimacy, they hadn't did anything in 2 weeks. Which isn't long but it was for Sahil since he was celibate for the whole three years that they were apart. "Boy get off my phone"

***

6:21 pm

"Hey bossman" Diamond smirked at Sahil as they crossed paths. He didn't even look up from his phone, hearing her voice because he didn't care for her, just cared about her work ethic.

"And this is the owner, Sahil. He normally isn't here and when he is, he doesn't come out the office so you probably won't see him much." Zaara attempted to introduce him to a new dancer, Avani but he was too busy on his phone looking at rings that him and Rhyon had been discussing for Keysi.

Zaara popped the back of his head. "Don't be disrespectful" She gritted through her teeth. "Oh my fault, how you doing?" He looked up from his phone and Avani smiled, looking him up and down.

"I'm good, real good. How you doing?" She smirked causing Zaara and Sahil to side eye each other. Sahil's phone dinged making him look down at his phone seeing who texted him. "I'll be back later"

***

7:15 pm | Brooklyn, NYC

Sahil reached over in the glove compartment to get his gun and tucked it in his waist before hopping out his whip and looking at his surroundings.

In a way he felt at home when he touched down in Brooklyn. Even though it's a different hood, the dynamic was the same as Chiraq.

He walked along the project housings, looking at his surroundings very carefully until he got to the door number he was supposed to be at. He knocked but still looked over his shoulder.

The door opened and a tall brownskin man with tattoos greeted him. "Yall got em here already?" He asked. "Yea, he downstairs" Q stepped aside, letting Kurse walk in.

Kurse followed Q throughout the house, only thinking of one thing. He held a mug on his face, his skin was hot and his heart felt heavy. He's been waiting on this for THREE YEARS.

They made it downstairs and there he was, tied up to a chair. He looked hopeless, scared, not like himself at all. "You ain't got nowhere to hide now." He said to Tremani sitting in the chair