39 || NETWORKING

October 23| 8:56 pm

October 23| 8:56 pm

"Hello" I finally answered the phone after missing Leila's calls for on purpose. "Girl what you doing tonight?" She said as I stirred the pot on the stove.

"I'm in the house." I said. "Well Dorian in our city and he doing a hosting, he told me to tell you to come." She said and I mugged. "Girl I already told you how Sahil acted when he thought me and him had something going on." I said turning down the pot and turning my attention to something else.

"It's just a party and this could be good for you." She said. "Plus I wanna go and he ain't invite me." She said making me roll my eyes, starting to think.

Leona had been telling me that I needed to start promoting my line more and getting it more in the "public eye" so this could be a opportunity but Dorian makes things unprofessional. "I'll let you know, bye." I said hanging up and
walking back to the bedroom, where Sahil was on the game.

We eyed each other, giving stank faces since we been arguing nonstop all week about the smallest thing. We currently had an attitude with each other about Ocean, who peed on the floor because neither of us took him out before work earlier.

Moving in together took a big turn, I thought it was gonna be the best thing to happen to our relationship but it's looking like our downfall.

I put my phone on the charger before looking at him again as silence filled the room. "Sahil." I mumbled but he had his headset on. I walked over to him and stood infront of the tv. "Keysi watch out" He said tryna get the view of the tv.

"I gotta talk to you." I said and he huffed, pausing the game and blankly stare at me. "So it's this party or whatever that Dorian hosting and-" He cut me off. "Ain't no way you bout to stand and my face, asking me if you can go to that nigga party." He laughed to himself but not in a funny manner.

"I'm not asking, I was just telling you and seeing what you thought because I told you about what Leona said about me networking." I shrugged. "Oh so just fuck our relationship, huh?" He stared at me.

"Bet Keysi, go have fun." He shoo'd me off and unpaused his game. I rolled my eyes and went to the closet, picking out a outfit and going in the bathroom to shower.

I normally didn't shut the door but Sahil was pissing me off so I did and made sure I had everything I needed so I didn't have to keep running in and out.

After 20 minutes, I got dressed in one of my pieces from my line and let down my silk press, refreshing it in the bathroom mirror and doing only mascara and lip liner.

Once I walked out the bathroom fully ready, I noticed Sahil wasn't there no more and all the lights were off. I walked out the room and throughout the house seeing he was gone.

I sighed, typing on my phone telling Leila to come get me because I didn't feel like driving. I filled up Ocean's food and water bowls for when he woke up and cleaned up, while waiting for her.

***

11:24 pm

"Dorian said he finna send somebody out to get us." Leila said as we stood to the side, watching the line wrap around the building. "Yo." We heard, both turning our necks to see Maleek.

i definitely wouldn't have came if I knew he was here

He talked to the security guards and we walked in the building with him. Leila roamed off to the bar, leaving me and him. "How you been?" He asked over the music. "Why you here?" I asked. "I manage hella influencers, including ya boy so ima reverse the question, what you doing here?" He said getting low in my ear so I could hear him.

"Promoting, networking." I said. "And that's not my boy." He chuckled. "You tryna get in the business?" He asked and I shrugged. "I don't know yet, just focused on my clothing line tonight." I said and he nodded.

"You look good." He said and I blushed a little. "You too." I said quietly. "Huh?" He said pulling my body closer to his to hear me more clearer. "I said thank you." I was getting nervous since his arm was clanged around my waist, holding me in.

"Come on." He said grabbing my hand, leading me through the packed crowd. We was walking for at least two minutes before we reached a short set of stairs, leading up to a section.

It was like a party inside the party, it had it's own strippers, bottles on bottles, and a long couch. Maleek let go of my hand as soon as we reached the steps and walked off to go sit with his friends.

I stood there looking clueless until a familiar face started approaching me. "You made it out, I told you I was gon stop by your city." Dorian said forcing me in a hug. I peeped Maleek stale-facing which was weird because he left me.

"You shouldn't have." I chuckled. "Had to come see you, you ain't text a nigga or nun." He said sipping out his cup. "I'm too busy to be keeping track of cards." I said. "You sure that's why? Been seeing you and your man posted up." He said with a straight face.

"I mean you knew that already." I shrugged. "It ain't never too late to come mess with a real nigga." He said and I rolled my eyes. "You don't even know him." I said. "I know I wouldn't let my girl come to a mainstream media event, looking this good." He said looking me up and down.

"You wouldn't trust your girl?" I scrunched up my face. "Nah it's niggas like me that I don't trust." He said licking his lips. "Because I don't give a damn bout yo nigga ma." He said grabbing my hand and stepping closer to me.

"I love your outfit." A random girl interrupted the conversation, thankfully making me snatch away my hand. "Thank you." I smiled noticing i've seen her content on social media before. "Where is it from? Omg the rhinestones!" She said analyzing the small details.

"I-um I made it, it's from my clothing line." I said getting a lil nervous. "Really? Do you have like models or anyway? I do instagram and runway." She said and I shook my head. "Girls would die to wear your pieces, where's your phone? I'll give you my number, we can discuss it." She said and I handed her my phone.

"I'll be in touch, see you." She said handing me back my phone and walking away with a smile. I turned my head back to Dorian, smiling out of excitement.

"See, when you with me you always gon find a way to make a coin" He said and I shoo'd him off. I hated his arrogance, it wasn't attractive nor was it tolerable to be around.

i wonder what sahil is doing

𝓚

𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙

𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙

"got me fucked up"
/ biking
ft. jay z & tyler the creator