The day Johnny met June

-Stuilly
-Cross posted on my AO3 Lovely_Firefly090
--------------------------------

Got some news today from the radio man

He spoke the words softly and as somber as he can

Stu layed on his bed with his pajamas on, even though it was 5am. He had woken up at 2 and decided to spend the rest on the time before school on watching Carrie and Cujo.
He was about to watch The Shining but his tape was taking forever to rewind. He knew it was a shit Idea to lend it to Randy.

His sister Leslie could be heard getting ready for work a room over. She was 3 years older than him and had already graduated.

Stu's eyes shot open when she banged on his door. "Get up I'm not being late for you Stu!" Leslie yelled. He groaned and rolled off the bed, pulling a random t-shirt and blue jeans out to get dressed in. "Stu!" The girl yelled again.
"I'm going!" He yelled back.

The summer air was still lingering, it always was on first days. At least it wouldn't be freezing for another couple months.
Stu went down to the kitchen, the smell of hairspray hitting him in the face as he walked past the bathroom. "Did you get any sleep?" Leslie sighed, following down behind him.

"When are you going back to college?" Stu asked bluntly, pulling the orange juice from the fridge. "Not for another 2 weeks. Get used to me."

The world stood still and the sky opened up
Made my way to fill up my coffee cup.

Stu let's out a theatrical groan. "Anyways you should get to school." Leslie laughed. "Yeah, yeah." The humid wind hit Stu in the face as he opened the front door and hurried out, his bag over his shoulder.

Then it occurred to me as the daylight sky shone blue

His eyes stared at the overgrown grass and weeds covered the sidewalk as he walked. His mp3 player was blasting out his headphones, playing some rock song he'd found a year ago. Stu's headphones muffled the sounds of other kids walking to school as well, most of them being his classmates.

Today's the day that

Johnny met June.

The hot air outside mixed with the cool air of the school hallways when Stu entered the school doors.

He saw Randy sitting on the stairs, reading something out of his notebook. "Hey Ray." Stu says, sitting next to him. "What are you reading?" "I have a test in math. I have to study since I fell straight asleep after work last night." Randy mumbles as he quickly flipped through the pages.

Stu nodding for a moment before jumping back up. "Welp. Good luck." He chuckles, patting Randy's back and continuing up the steps.

He walked into science class, sitting down next to his friend Billy. "Hey buddy!" Stu says, a grin spilting his face. "Hey." Billy didn't look up from his desk when he responded. "You still coming over? Dude." Stu says poking Billy in the rids when he didn't reply, laughing when his hand got slapped away.

He waited a while he knew that he would

He was gonna hang around here for as long as he could

"Yeah I am." Their conversation stopped when their teacher walked in. Mrs Jones. Stu fucking hated this teacher. She was always bitching about something. But he was 'too old to act like that'. Fuck off.

**

Stu's house was chilly since Leslie left the air on when she left. Billy wasn't far behind him getting to the house. "Alright. What do you want?" Billy asks, throwing his bag on the other's couch. "Have you still not watched The Shining?" "Is that really what you invited me over for?"