-30-

Flashback,

Namjoon was walking through the palace gardens when he saw her standing alone at the edge of Grim Tower. Even from afar she could see her captivating beauty.

He told himself he would not go there again, but he want to there again because of her.

Namjoon had always been too scared to approach her before, but something about the way she looked so peaceful made him feel brave.

"Hi," he said, walking up to her. "What are you doing up here?"

Yuri turned to him, surprised. "Oh, hi. I was just curious about the palace, so I came up here to look around."

Namjoon nodded, looking out at the view with her. "It's pretty cool up here, huh?"

She smiled. "Yeah, it is. I like being up high and seeing everything."

Namjoon felt a little more comfortable now that they were talking. "Me too. I've always been too scared to come up here again after what happens, though."

She looked at him curiously. "Why were you scared? What happened?"

Namjoon shrugged. "Can say a lot happened, it is Eomma's favorite place and my least favorite."

"Hmm, your Eomma is a b'tch." She said, because she has been creating problems for Yuri too.

"She is." He said. She looked at him.

"So you are agreeing? Even when she is your mother?"

"She is my mother so I know her."

Yuri nodded sympathetically. "I get that. But it's not so bad up here, is it?"

Namjoon smiled. "No, it's not. And I'm glad I got to meet you up here."

Yuri looked at him, surprised. "Really? You're glad?"

Namjoon nodded. "Yeah. I've always wanted to talk to you, but I didn't know how to start."

Yuri smiled. "Well, you started by coming up here. And now we're friends. But don't tell anyone."

Namjoon grinned. "Yeah, we are. I will not tell anyone." And with that, they both looked out at the view, feeling happy to have found a new friend.

The only friend he ever had.

__

Namjoon was always there to make Yuri laugh, and she loved how he would get flustered and do cute things whenever she was around.

But their love was not meant to be.

It was shortly over when his mother came back. Namjoon loved his mother too in a really weird way. He was scared and disgusted by her sometimes, but sometimes he just craved her love.

"Why do you do that? Why did you hurt me?" Namjoon asked his mother.

She smiled. "Because you ruined my life." She replied.

"I?"

"Yes, ever since you were born, I hated you, I wanted to get rid of you when I was pregnant. But I couldn't. I hate you." She said. He felt that his mother hate him but her saying that she hates him, it hurt him

"You should stop." His mother said.

"Stop what?" He asked.

"Stop going after your father's new bride." She said,

"I am just curious." He replied.

"Curious huh? You spend most of your time with her." She said she caressed his hair. "What would your father think if he gets to know about you? He will k'll her. She is a married woman."