-53-

Y/n sat gracefully on her throne, a warm smile gracing her features as she observed Yesol, now clad in armor. Pride swelled within her; he had grown into a young man right before her eyes.

“My queen,” he greeted, hand placed over his chest, his voice resonating the changes brought about by sudden puberty. Yesol had shot up a few inches, a testament to the passage of time.

“You can call me eomma,” Y/n suggested,

Yesol replied with a bright smile. “Surely, I can. But I just wanted to call you mine.”

Y/n playfully threatened, “Oh gosh, you want me to feed you to Soju?” A teasing glint danced in her eyes, prompting laughter from Yesol.

“I am not afraid of him. I’ve been practicing a lot with my sword, you know,” he declared.

“You can't threaten me to k’ll my son.” She replied.

He smiled, and walked closer to her before kneeling in Front of her. He held her hand, “I can never threaten you,” He kissed her hand, he looked at her. “I can k’ll myself for you.”

She literally doesn't understand what she has never done that he admires her so much? She wouldn't even look at him just 5 years ago.

“You don't need to,” she replied.

He smiled. “I will become stronger for you, no one will hurt you. I will make you proud.”

“I can protect myself.” She said, nodding his head.

“I know you can, but I still want to. I want to see affection in your eyes for me, you always looked at me with so much hate.” He said.

“No, I don't look at you with hate.” She replied, maybe she does.

“You do,” He stepped back. “I can see it.”

“That hate is not for you.” She replied. It's for her father.
__

Y/n took a deep breath, while staring at trees. Taehyung approached behind her and wrapped his arms around her, placing his head on her shoulder. “You look stunning, You are the most beautiful,”

She turned to him. “I thought that too until I stepped outside of the palace, there were so many beautiful women, prettier than me.”

“Really? I don't know. I don't look at other women anymore.” He said, He tug her hair behind her ear. “I just look at you, You are the prettiest.”

He took something out of his pocket. It was some type of potion. “You asked for this,x

Y/n, her eyes narrowing with suspicion, questioned, "Is it venom, Taehyung?"

Taehyung's lips never stop smiling as he replied, "I would not bring any more harm to you, This potion carries the promise to ease your pain."

As Y/n held the potion, uncertainty etched across her face, Taehyung continued, his voice tender, "Drink, and let the shadows of your past be washed away.”

She stared at it, not sure if it was actually a poison or not. But it doesn't matter anymore. She looked at Taehyung.

“I want to hold onto the memories for now.” She replied.

“Take your time, but make sure to lose it.” He said and cupped her face. “When you forget everything, I will remember everything. And make sure you live a really happy life with me. I love you.”

He felt hopeful too, letting go of the dark past would make him feel good too.

He kissed her neck as his hands started opening the first layer of her dress.