-45-

Jimin stared at her, "I can't believe that a quiet girl like you can commit such a crime."

"But I did." Y/n replied.

"You broke the rules, you know that? You can get severely punished for that. You are a guest here, but you committed such a crime." Jimin exclaimed.

"What crime? I haven't k'lled her yet. I just scared her." Y/n replied.

"What was the reason for your behavior?" Jimin asked.

"She disrespected me." Y/n exclaimed.

"You have the right to hurt someone from this land. You are not, from here. " Jimin's father said. Y/n looked at him.

"I am, my mother is from Busan." She said, And I made the king interested.

"Which family?" He asked.

"Yuri." One word and the king was shook. "My mother's name was Yuri, she was from here. She left me at my birth and I don't know my father. But he is from Busan too."

He stared at her face, "What do you have as proof?"

Jimin was confused, he didn't understand what was going on. Y/n took off the necklace she was wearing and showed it to him. "Maybe this will remind you."

He looked at her necklace, and he seemed to recognize the necklace. But he didn't say anything.

"Prince Jimin, handle this situation and punish her accordingly." He said to Jimin, who nodded his head. He looked at Y/n. "Meet me again in privacy,  then we can talk more about the necklace."

She smiled and bowed to him. "Your Majesty."

He left and Y/n looked at Jimin who was standing, he asked the court lady and the witness the reason why Y/n did what she did. And they were hesitating so Y/n spoke up.

"They saw my scars and started the rumors that I got them because I was a slave or concubine." Y/n said.

"Still, that does justify your action. Your actions have caused irreparable harm to a member of the court, and the peace of the palace has been disturbed." Jimin said.

"So? She should have mind her tongue,"

"You should mind your tongue right now." Jimin said.

"In light of the severity of your offense, it is my decision that you be demoted to the position of a concubine, effective immediately." He said.

"You can't do that, Jungkook will k'll you." She warned. The guards were about to hold her as she tried to threaten Jimin Infront of everyone.

"He is not here, we will see what he will do when he returns. Until then, you are staying there." He said.

" I did not mean for things to escalate this way." She said.

Jimin's resolve remains steadfast as he motions for the guards to escort Y/N to the designated chambers for the concubines. Y/N's eyes widen in silent protest, her heart heavy with the weight of her undeserved fate.

"Your actions have consequences, Y/N. May this serve as a lesson to exercise greater caution in the future."

Y/N bows her head, her voice stifled by the ache in her chest. With measured steps, the guards lead her away, leaving Jimin alone in the dimly lit corridor.

___

"Gosh, this girl? I heard her body is filled with marks. Who wants to sleep with her?" Y/n could already hear the whispers.

She clenched her fists, she can't cause more trouble.

Y/N stands with a guarded expression, her gaze fixed on the stern face of the head of the concubinage rooms, Lady Hae-won