one bed (part 2)

after a couple minutes of silence, chris feels your breathing slow as your body goes heavy against him. he leans over you to get a glimpse of your face, thinking you were fast asleep.

"i hope you know i could never hate you,
y/n. never in a million years." he whispers to you, closing his eyes and falling asleep himself.

but you weren't asleep.

you heard every word.
___

you wake up in the same position you both fell asleep in. you notice that you're awake before chris, so you slip out of his arms quickly and join matt and nick in the kitchen.

"well good morning, y/n!" nick says, sliding a plate of waffles towards you.

"i need to talk to you guys about something." you say, taking a piece of the waffle into your mouth.

"what's up?" matt and nick say at the same time, making you all laugh a little.

"okay, so last night when we were about to go to sleep, chris cuddled me. like, he put his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. and i like, enjoyed it." you say, taking a sip of your juice as huge smiles spread across the boys faces.

"y/n likes chris! y/n likes chris!" they sing in a mocking voice.

"shut up!" you say, punching them in the chest. "i don't know what to do."

"there's nothing you can do. you just gotta accept the fact that you like chris!" nick sings again, and you flip him off.

"before i fell asleep he said that he couldn't hate me in a million years. and i realized that i don't think ive ever hated him, either." you say, putting your empty plate and glass in the sink.

"thank god! finally you two admitted your feelings for eachother! it's so exhausting listening to you two pretend there's nothing there." matt groans as chris comes out of the room.

"shut up, matt." you say, throwing a pillow from the couch at him and sitting down.

the second chris comes into the kitchen, everyone can feel the tension between you and chris.

"who drank the last juice? we just fucking got here." chris groans, slamming the fridge shut.

"sorry, there were only four in the pack and matt had two of them." you say, turning on the tv.

"seriously? we got four for a reason, stupid." he complains, cracking open a pepsi instead.

"i drank the one that was for me. why are you blaming me? matt drank it." you say, looking over at chris as he sits down next to you.

"because you should've stopped him or something. i don't know." he takes a long sip of his pepsi and you scoff.

"whatever."

you put on your favorite tv show, but chris takes the remote out of your hands and changes the channel.

"no, fuck you! give it back!" you yell, diving across the couch to take it out of his hands.

he laughs and puts his arm in the air so you can't reach it.

"chris! give it back, please!" you giggle, climbing all over him to reach the remote.

nick and matt glance at eachother, watching the giggling mess play around on the couch.

eventually, chris did give back the remote and you two calmed down. but you didn't move back to your original spot on the couch, you stay perched close to him as you get invested in the tv. so close, your knees brush together. you both notice, but both choose to ignore it.