grandmother

in which your favorite person is in the hospital

tw//hospitals, sicknesses, family members in pain, panic attacks, talk of death

for my dear friend, i hope this helps you feel at least a little bit better <3
___

you didn't have the best family growing up, and the triplets knew it. they were there for you since you were seven years old, and they haven't left your side since. you always confided in chris. something about him just drew you towards him. you both started dating in eigth grade, and you have been together every year since that.

but besides chris, you confided in your grandma. she lived down the street from you, only three blocks away. when things got tough, you went to her. when you were sad, you went to her. when something amazing happened, you went to her. she was your person, your rock. so when you got the news that she was in the hospital, you broke down.

chris would never forget your reaction. you sobbed so hard that you ended up throwing up and then passing out. who could blame you though, nobody meant more to you than your grandmother did.

for the first few weeks, you visited daily. sometimes multiple times a day. but since then, it's been getting harder.

not just visiting. it's been harder to do anything. harder to open your eyes in the morning, harder to eat, harder to speak to anyone. now chris, being the sweetheart he is, he'd stop by to check on you and bring you food. until one time you completely snapped on him and told him that you wanted to be alone.

it's been four days since that, and he hasn't come back. it was nothing against you, he just was doing what you wanted- he was giving you space. every single day has been increasingly harder. you wanted to get better. you wanted to get back into a routine, but you were just so scared. so scared of losing one of the only people who has been with you since the beginning. you didn't know how to start getting better. so you began with something familiar, something safe; chris.

you pulled yourself together enough to get in the car and make the four minute drive to his house. you passed your grandmothers home on the way, which caused you to spiral all over again. you almost considered turning around, until you grounded yourself and took a breath. for grandma, do it for your grandma.

even in your disheveled state, you knocked on the triplets door. chris was quick to open it, quickly collecting you in his arms when he sees your tear stained face. "honey.."

"i cant do this. i just.." you start, but sobs cut you off. you sniffle and pick your head up from chris' shoulder, seeing matt, nick, nathan, and madi all sitting on the couch. they knew about your grandma and about the situation at hand. but still, you didn't really want to break down in front of all of them.

"let's go in my room, okay?" he says softly, rubbing your arms in a hug. you wipe your nose and nod, avoiding making eye contact with any of the other guests. chris leads you downstairs and shuts the door behind you both. the second you hear that latch click, you break down into tears once more.

"i'm so scared, chris. i'm so scared that i'm gonna lose her and- and if i lose her, i lose myself. i've already lost myself and she's still fucking here. that's the worst part, i haven't visited her in weeks. she probably thinks i hate her but i don't, i just cant bring myself to go. i'm scared if i go that i'm going to realize how real it all is. and i want to get better, i promise i'm trying. i just don't know how to start. please help me get better, chris. please." your voice is uneven as you hold on to chris, playing with the strings of his hoodie and stumbling through your thoughts.

hearing you beg for him to help you breaks his heart in so many pieces. his own eyes well up with tears as he hugs you tightly. "i completely understand what you're saying. you're taking a huge step in the right direction, asking for help."

you nod against his chest and let out a breath, wiping your eyes. "there's a lot of things i want to do right now. like, i want to cry, i want to shower, i want to see my grandma, i want to be with you, and i want to eat something. i'm so overwhelmed right now." you shake your hands agressively.

"i'll help you. you left clothes here, right?" you nod in response to his question. "okay. so, how about you go take a shower, i'll make something light for you to eat, then we can go see her. okay? does that sound good?"

"yeah, that sounds amazing. thank you for dealing with me, chris."

"i love doing it. you can use my bathroom, i'll make you something while you're in the shower. if you need anything just yell for me and i'll come down, okay?" he offers, and you nod. he heads upstairs while you grab a change of clothes and go into his bathroom.

upstairs, chris makes you some avocado toast. whenever you're sick or have a loss of appetite, you'd eat this. he figured now was an appropriate time to make it.

"how's she doing?" madi speaks up from the couch, everybody else looking over at chris standing in the kitchen.

"she's getting better. uh, she's in the shower right now, then we're going to visit her grandma. i know y/n's been having trouble going to the hospital, so i've been visiting her grandma every once in a while. she's getting a lot better. she always asks me about y/n, and i've been telling her that she misses her. i'm so proud of y/n, i know how hard this is on her." he explains, catching the toast as it flies out of the toaster and spreading the avocado on it.

you get out of the shower and change, wrapping the towel around your hair. you head upstairs, seeing your plate of toast and orange juice sitting on the counter, chris talking to his brothers and friends.

you sit down and start eating, making random small talk with everyone. you smile and laugh for the first time in god knows how long, and for a second, you forget about everything.

when you finish eating, you thank chris and head back downstairs to brush your teeth with the toothbrush you leave here for unexpected sleepovers. you feel so much better after cleaning up. you smile at yourself in the mirror when you hear a knock on the door. "come in!" you call, and chris slips through the bathroom door and closes it behind him. he hugs you from behind, resting his head on your shoulder.

"how are you feeling?"

you smile at him through the mirror. "better."

he unwraps his arms from you and stands in front of you, holding you by your waist. "you smell better too."

"shut up!" you laugh, playfully hitting his chest and smiling at him. as you push your lips towards his, you realize something; everything was going to be okay.
___

a/n- ITS CHRISSY WUTH TWO UPLOADS IN ONE DAY WHAT IS THIS

anyways, i don't know if the person who requested this wants to be outed. but if you see this, i really hope it helped. i love you!

i love you all so much and i hope you liked this one

xx
chrissy