rainy day

in which a rainy day makes for a halloween date

chris has his license in this!
___

you opened the curtains and sighed with a smile on your face. oh, how you loved the rain. especially today. on this particular rainy october day, you were in the mood for halloween movies. and the rain made it all the better.

your boyfriend of 10 months rolled around on the bed in response to the light from the window.

"baby, shut those and come back to bed." chris grumbles, his morning voice thick and heavy.

"but chris, look outside!! we have to make cookies and watch halloween movies in matching halloween pajamas and light halloween candles and put up halloween decorations and-" you ramble, chris chuckling and cutting you off.

"take a breath babe. we can do all that. but later." he laughs, holding out his arms towards you. you sigh and take up his offer, cuddling in close to him. you take your fingers and run them through his hair, massaging his scalp and untangling his hair. he groans in contentment, making you laugh.

"fuck- that feels so good. if you keep doing that i'm going to fall back asleep." he mumbles, removing your hands from his hair.

"then let's go to the store!" you say, jumping out of the bed.

"god damn okay let's go." chris says, throwing on a hoodie and sliding on some shoes. luckily, you were already ready, because you woke up before him.

you dragged him downstairs and got into the van.

"you know, you're lucky i love you. because i should be asleep for another four hours." chris says, looking at the time that reads 8:23am and shaking out his wet hair.

"we'll be so fast i promise." you smile, plugging your phone into the aux.

"okay, what's on our list to get? i honestly have no idea why we're shopping i just got in the car because you told me to." chris laughs, turning into the target parking lot.

"we need some kind of baked good, matching pajamas, and some fall candles. i believe you have everything else." you say. he grabs your hand as you walk into target.

"sounds good to me."

you get a basket, deciding a cart was too much. right as you walk in, you see a stand that says "couples sets." your eyes light up and you drag chris over.

"holy shit. we're getting these." you say, holding out a pair of fuzzy pants with snoopy laying on a pumpkin, and a matching black top. chris had a t shirt, and yours had a tank top.

"not that i really have a say, but i like them." chris says, picking out his size and putting it in the basket. you do the same and smile at chris.

"where to next dollface?" chris asks with a fake country accent, something that he always does to make you laugh.

"food." you say, leading him over to the baked goods. "now, do you feel like baking, or pre made?"

"i'm kind of feeling edible cookie dough." chris decides, scanning over his options.

you shrug. "works for me." you throw a tub in there and head over to the candles.

"y/n, you know i love you so so SO much, but don't we have more than enough candles?" chris says, watching you smell three candles at once.

"never." you say, catching a candle you almost dropped. "which smells more halloween-y?" you ask.

chris chuckles. "hehe you said weenie."

you roll your eyes and put two candles in his hands, one scented "sweater weather," and another scented "vanilla pumpkin marshmallow."

"i prefer this one." chris says, holding up "sweater weather."

you nod, "i was leaning more towards that one too." chris tosses it in the basket as you head to checkout. you try to pay, but chris shoves his card in the chip reader before you can.

"asshole." you mutter under your breath. chris hears and chuckles, taking the bags and heading out to the van.

on the short ride home, you argue about if the nightmare before christmas is a christmas movie or a halloween movie. chris is convinced that it's christmas, while you swear it's halloween. as you pull into the driveway, the argument gets put on pause. you help chris carry in the bags, and you lay everything out on the counter.

"okay. you get changed, and i'll light a candle and get a movie set up." you say.

"yes ma'am." chris salutes and heads off to his room to change. you light the candle and put it on a table near the couch and throw some blankets on the cushions. you organize them to make a little nest to cuddle with chris in. you get the cookie dough out and taste test it. you turn on the tv and get to disney+ just as chris walks downstairs.

"will you pick a movie so i can change please?" you ask, tossing him the remote and grabbing your pajama set. he nods as you go up to his room to change as well. when you finish changing, you throw your old clothes in his hamper and take a quick look in the mirror. you decide you look good and go downstairs to see chris has the nightmare before christmas pulled up.

"we need to put an end to this argument." he chuckles. you nod in agreement and turn off the lights. you sit down next to him on the couch, stealing some cookie dough now and then. about 10 minutes into the movie, your bodies are completely intertwined with eachother. you're laying on his chest while he plays with your hair, and you're tracing small patterns on his other arm. you sit up for a second, making chris complain.

"just hold on a second." you say, grabbing a halloween-themed blanket and throwing it over the two of you as you get back in your original position.

it hasn't stopped raining since the morning. if anything, it just rained harder. chris was now drawing mindless shapes and lines on your back. all of this mixed together made you fall asleep no problem.

you're awoken by a loud high-pitched screech which you can only assume came from nick.

"PDA PDA PDA" he screams, covering his eyes.

"dude shut up she's asleep." chris scolds as you turn your head to face toward the couch.

"i was" you mumble, trying to go back to sleep.

chris flips off nick and puts his hands over your ears in case matt has a similar reaction.

"goodnight again, my love." chris says, kissing your forehead and pulling the blanket up higher.

you're still too out of it to respond fully, so you just nuzzle your head further into his chest.

what an amazing rainy day.
___
a/n- wassup pookies it's chrissy

so i kind of deleted the other one and re started it because those chapters were shit shows

hopefully this one is better!!

okay enjoy
ALSO

do you guys like when i type with "i" or "you" better? like for example

"i walked downstairs"

or

"you walked downstairs"

which one do you guys like more?

anyways ENJOY

xx
chrissy