you are in love (part 2 of lacy!)

"pauses, then says, 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was, he is in love." -taylor swift, you are in love

continuing lacy 😛
___

one way plane ticket from florida to boston

you wipe away angry tears as you scroll on website after website, frustrated that you can find anything. the soonest flight was in two days, and that's when you guys are all leaving.

someone knocks on your door, and you wipe your eyes quickly. "who is it?"

"babe, it's me. can i come in?" nicks smooth voice calls through the door. you sigh and say yes, your eyes tearing up again when you realize you can be vulnerable with him.

"i heard about what happened."

"why couldn't i have just kept my goddamn mouth shut?! i fucked up everything, nick! im going to lose my best friend because of this, and i embarrassed myself in front of everyone on this damn beach!" you cry, falling into nicks arms as he hugs you tightly.

"you didn't ruin anything, y/n. i promise you, nothing changed. i'm sure it felt good to get it out though, right?"

"no, it didn't. i just want to go home." you cry, sitting up and running your hands through your hair.

"we leave in less than two days. can you tough it out until then? for me? i don't want my best friend to leave me alone on vacation!" he begs, a smile creeping up on his face.

you sigh and smile back at him. "fine."

"thank you, y/n! i love you! just ignore my stupid brother, you can still have fun!" nick says, and you sputter out a laugh as you wipe away old tear tracks and new tears threatening to fall.

you and nick stay in your room and talk about anything and everything. and with nicks distraction, you were starting to forget about the interaction between you and chris.

but chris, oh how he couldn't get it out of his head. it was consuming him in every way. he kept replaying your words in his head, and he kept kicking himself for not telling you how he felt.

before his mind could raise the red flags, he was up on his feet and walking over to audrey. "hey, can i talk to you?"

she glances at matt before a soft smile takes over her face. "this is about y/n, isn't it?"

chris' eyes widen a bit as he looks at her. "how did you know?"

"i heard the conversation. you guys weren't exactly quiet." she chuckles softly. "i know you love her too."

"i'm so sorry, audrey."

"no, it's okay. you've known her since you guys were toddlers, i don't want to stand in the middle of a romance 15 years in the making. as long as you're happy, i am too." audrey speaks, twirling and untwirling a piece of her hair.

"thank you so much for understanding, you have no idea how much it means to me. do you, uh, do you want to stay here still? i'll sleep on the couch, you and have our room all to yourself."

"nah, it's okay. i have family that lives just up the road from here, i'll crash with them. i wish you and y/n nothing but the best." she smiles, hugging chris one last time before heading off in the direction of the condos.

chris lets out a sigh of relief and calls your phone. you deny the call at once, but answer it once he calls back again.

"come down to the beach."

"chris, i really don't want to see you right now." you say through the phone, nick hitting your arm, thinking you blew your one shot at talking to him.

"y/n, please. just for two minutes. then if you don't want to hear it you can leave. just please hear me out." he begs, and you can practically hear the frown on his lips.

you look to nick and he's smiling widely and nodding agressively. you sigh and bring the phone back up to your ear. "okay, fine. i'll be down in a minute." and hang up.

"what do you think he wants?"

"only one way to find out! go!" nick urges, pulling you up by your arms and pushing you towards the door.

you walk down on the beach to see chris standing on the shore looking down to his feet, watching the tide ebb and flow on the wet sand. he heard the footsteps behind him and turns around, a strange look taking over his face.

you squint your eyes at the setting sun reflecting off of the chain that lies around chris' neck. you look down at his shirt that you're wearing, looking back up to meet his eyes.

"y/n, you're my best friend." he pauses. "you knew what it was. i'm so sorry i didn't tell you sooner. i'm in love with you. i'm so in love with you it physically hurts my stomach. i understand if you don't want to be with me because i made you wait, but i just needed to tell you."

"but wait, what about audrey?" you ask, taking a step closer to him.

"she knew," he put his hands on your waist, holding you in place. "she said she didn't want to stand in the way of anything. so, will you let me be your boyfriend?"

"i'd be more than happy to." and with that, you lean in, making your 15 year old dream come true.
___

a/n- ITS CHRISSY

i hope this was a good part 2 bc y'all wanted it so bad

why do the triplets only put out merch when i'm broke

ALSO TAYLOR ANNOUNCING "slut! (taylor's version)" IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKUNG INSANE

anyways I LOVE YOU ALL

xx
chrissy