period

in which your period interrupts a date night
___

you were standing at the bathroom mirror, finishing up your makeup and hair. you and chris were about to have a date night downtown. tonight was one of the only nights both of your busy schedules aligned and you both were able to go out. you had just spent 45 minutes getting all dolled up in your cutest outfit and twisted your hair up in a way that framed your face perfectly.

just as you were finishing blending your eyeshadow, you felt a shooting pain in your lower stomach.

you wince and stand still for a second. after 30 seconds or so, the pain went away, so you shake it off and continued on your makeup.

another pain came, and you grip the counter top with your hands and look down. you take a few deep breaths in and out when another wave overcomes you, and you groan once more.

you feel a cramp between your legs that you dread every month and rush to sit down on the toilet. and sure as hell, there it was in all its red glory.

of fucking course you'd come tonight. you think, silently cursing mother nature.

you grab the kit you keep under the sink during situations like this and get yourself situated. as you finish up, you hear a knock on the door. "you doing alright in there?"

you sigh and open up the door. "chris, im so sorry. i just started my period, i don't think tonight's a good night to go out. i'm just so uncomfortable and-" you feel your eyes tear up as you pick at your cuticles.

"hey, hey, its okay! don't worry about it sweetheart, we can do it another night." he takes your hands in his and pulls you into a hug.

you lean against his chest as you feel another cramp.

chris felt you tense up against his body, so he pushed you arms length away from him and patted your shoulders. "go get changed into something more comfortable, i'll get stuff set up for a movie night." he says, giving you a warm smile.

you sniffle once and sigh. "thank you. i'm sorry again."

"stop apologizing!" he laughs as he's heading down the stairs to set everything up.

you go back into chris' room and swipe a pair of sweatpants out of the drawer he let you fill with your things. you steal one of his hoodies and pull the hood over your head.

you sigh into the cozy feeling and trot down the stairs. you see a nice little nest formed of your favorite blankets on the couch, two painkillers and a glass of water, trevor, and chris all set up perfectly in the living room.

"chris, i could cry right now." you say, taking the painkillers and chugging the glass of water.

"don't do that, you won't be able to see the movie!" chris jokes, patting the empty spot on the couch next to him, urging you to sit down.

you happily take him up on the offer, cuddling up against his arm. he drapes a blanket over the two of you and turns on the princess and the frog.

"trevor! come here!" you call as the dog hops on the couch right inbetween you and chris, curling up and falling asleep.

you snuggle closer to chris' arm, indulging in the movie. "thank you for doing this. i love you."

he kisses the top of your head then lays his on top of yours. "i wouldn't have it any other way. i love you too, beautiful."
___
a/n- it's chrissy!

sorry this one is short, i just started my period today and i go on vacation tomorrow so i'm trying to make it seem not as bad yknow

i hope you enjoyed nonetheless!

xx
chrissy