forever (part 2 of plane to paris)

"nobody said that it would last forever, that doesn't mean we didn't try to get there. i never said that we would die together, that doesn't mean it was a lie, remember." -lewis capaldi, forever

in which chris gets your message.

you guys won 😒
___

chris was slouched on the couch on their living room, half-closed eyes staring at spongebob squarepants on the tv. it's been about eight hours since you left, and he was beginning to get worried. matt and nick had already told him you probably just forgot to text because of how much fun you were having, but his mind automatically went to the worst.

that's why the second his phone pinged with a message from you, he excitedly played it before he could even pause the show on the tv.

as he listened to the words in your message and the fear in your voice, his heart dropped down to the floor and shattered.

"chris, the plane is going down. i'm so sorry that it has to happen this way. i love you so much. you're all i need at the end of everything. i love you to death and- well, maybe that's not a good thing to say right now. whatever. i love you so so much. please tell matt and nick that i love them too. thank you for being you and sticking with me through everything. i cant say it enough, i love you more than anyone. chris-"

the cut off is what scared him the most. his heart broke into a million pieces as tears well up in his eyes. "nick! matt!" he calls out with a shaking voice.

his brothers run down the stairs, shouting out their "what happened?"'s and "are you okay?"'s.

"y/n's plane... she- the plane.." he sputters out, ultimately breaking down into tears by the end of his attempted sentence.

"hey, it's okay. take a breath, tell us what happened." matt soothes, putting a hand on his younger brothers shoulder.

"listen." chris says, handing them the phone.

they listen to the message themselves and soon enough, the three of them become a crying heap on the floor.

-
todays the day chris had been dreading the most- the funeral. it was the first time he'd come out of his room for the past two weeks. matt and nick had brought food to him, but it was just left on his desk to get old.

he didn't want to have the luxury's that you couldn't have anymore.

nick had come into chris' room, telling him that he had to shower and get ready. chris wasn't every happy about this and ended up having a panic attack, which he had to be coaxed out of with the help of matt, nick, and nathan.

it wasn't easy for anyone, but chris took it the hardest. he almost didn't go. he didn't like the idea of everybody going to "celebrate your life" when your life was far too short to be over.

he knew it was what you would've wanted. so he forced himself out of bed and into the shower where he ended up spending 38 minutes, just sitting in there and thinking. once he finally got out, he got halfway through dressing himself before he ended up in tears again.

he eventually did get dressed, and walked down to the kitchen. he sits on a chair, head in his hands and cold coffee on the table. he never drank coffee, he couldn't stand the taste. but it was the only way he could feel anything anymore

when it was time to go, chris sat in the back of the van. nick and matt tried to get him to talk, but the only responses he gave were headshakes and hums.

"are you going to give a speech?" nick asks softly, looking at chris through the rear-view mirror.

"i don't know." chris mutters, laying his head against the cold window. ironic it would be cloudy and rainy today.

"i'm not going to force you to do anything, but i think you should."

chris doesn't respond, but nicks words keep replaying in his head. i think you should. i think you should.

chris takes out his phone, and his eyes tear up at the sight of you two on his lock screen. he tries his hardest not to dwell on it as he opens his notes app and starts to draft a little speech.

he types and deletes, types and deletes over and over and over again. in his mind, nothing he could say could capture how he was feeling.

he tried his best.

by the time the three of them pulled up to the funeral home, chris' blood ran cold.

"i cant do it." he whispers, looking down at his feet as he stands in front of the doors.

"i know it's hard sweetheart, but it's good. it's a big step in the right direction of the healing process. i saw you writing the speech in the car, you don't want that work to go to waste, do you?" matt says in a soft voice, rubbing chris' back. "come on. you'll be okay."

he reluctantly drags his feet into the building, sitting down silently next to your mom. he lays his head on her shoulder, his heart breaking even more when he hears your mothers soft cries.

"she loved you so much, chris. so much." she says, wiping under her eyes with a tissue.

"i know. i loved her too."

"she's in a better place. i know it's hard to accept it, but i truly believe everything happens for a reason and that she was taken from us for a reason. me and her father are always open if you ever need anything, you understand?" your mom says, giving chris a soft hug.

"thank you. i know she is, it's just not fair to anybody. especially not you guys. i mean, you had your little girl taken from you. i can't even begin to imagine how you guys feel." chris cries, returning the hug.

"we'll manage. are you going to say anything up there?" she asks, her head slightly tilting towards the mini stage up near the front of the room.

"yeah, just a little something." chris says, rubbing his hands over his face.

"go ahead, im sure she's listening." your mom smiles weakly as chris walks up to the front.

he stands in front of the microphone and taps it twice, wincing at loud feedback shoots through the speakers.

he clears his throat nervously and begins. "hi everyone. im chris, im y/n's boyfriend. well, i was her boyfriend. uh- i know y/n lived a great life. she had amazing parents, she surrounded herself with good people, and she was absolutely beautiful inside and out."

chris takes a shakey breath in and out before he continues.

"y/n was a gorgeous soul, she always made sure that everyone else was okay before she took care of herself. i would always tell her to put herself first, and she would always respond with, 'when others are happy, i am happy.' and that really goes to show how selfless she was. one thing about her was that she loved sunsets and sunrises. when we first started dating, she would make me up at the asscrack of dawn to watch the sunrise with her. and i absolutely loved every moment of it. actually, uh, the other day, i took her to the park to watch the sunset with me. we had a little picnic and drank grapejuice together. it was one of the best memories we have together. it's not fair that she got taken from us so soon. it's so un-fucking-fair that nobody's day gets to be brightened by that smile anymore. i know that forever is a figure of speech, and that nobody said that we would last forever, but i know that we both tried like hell to get there. i love her more than words could ever explain, and i'll absolutely never stop loving her. i know that she's going to make a beautiful sky, and every time i'll be reminded of her. if you can hear this y/n, i love you so, so much angel."

and with that, he walks off the stage and goes to sit back down next to his brothers and your family.

"i know public speaking isn't your thing, but you did amazing honey." your mom says to him, wiping away a few tears his speech caused.

"anything for her."
___
a/n- ITS CHRISSSYYYY

i hope it's what you guys really really wanted

i lowkey almost cried fr

anyways I HOPE YOU ENJOYED

xx
chrissy