sick and alone

in which you're alone at the house and get sick

TW//EMETOPHOBIA!!!!!!!!

inspired by Shittydaysinlife !!!!!!!

___
you're about two days deep in a bug that you couldn't shake no matter what. your head was constantly pounding, your stomach was cramping every hour or so, and the worst part of all, your emotions came out swinging. you tend to get incredibly emotional when you're sick. especially stomach bug sick. vomit has been your biggest fear since you were little, and chris knew it.

luckily, you haven't thrown up yet. and you were going to do everything in your power to prevent it from happening. but so far, so good.

that's why chris thought it was okay to go to this interview. well, why he let you persuade him. he had every intention of postponing it and staying with you, but you told him otherwise.

"chris, it's fine. i'm sure by the time you're back i'll already be healthy again." you said, turning away from him as you coughed into your elbow.

"are you absolutely sure? i promise you, i'd be more than happy to stay with you." he says, messing with the strap of his packed duffel bag. he was about to leave to go to a interview a state over, he would be gone for the rest of today, tomorrow, and come back the next morning. he was hesitant to go, clearly.

"yes, i'm absolutely positively 100% sure. now go, do your job. i'll see you in two days, okay?" you say, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"okay, angel. just call me if you need anything at all, no matter what time it is i'll answer." he promises, almost getting cut off by matt impatiently honking the horn of the van. "i'll see you soon, i love you."

"i love you too."

you were starting to wish you didn't tell him to go. it was the next morning, 11:54 to be exact. and you felt like complete and utter shit. this was the worst your bug has ever been, and all you wanted was chris.

you didn't want to bother him. you figured he was probably out with his brothers, doing some sort of wild adventure he'd show you pictures of when he got back. so, you decided to lay on his side of the bed, engulfed in one of his way-too-big hoodies. it worked for a minute before your stomach turned in the worst way possible. fuck.

you get out of bed and rush to the bathroom, dropping to your knees in front of the toilet. you hover over the water for a minute, your mental block not allowing anything to happen. your eyes fill up with tears as you lean against the wall, your trembling fingers dialing chris' contact.

"hey sweetheart, what's up?" his smooth voice speaks through the phone. a sob falls from your lips as you wipe at the sweat beading at your forehead.

"my stomach hurts so bad chris. i think i'm gonna throw up-" a hiccup cuts you off, making a few tears fall from your eyes. "i feel so sick. please, help me."

hearing your cries completely breaks his heart. it takes everything in him not to break down in the middle of the ice cream shop they were sitting in currently. "shit. um- okay baby. i need you to take a deep breath for me, okay? in and out, you can do it. i know you can." he prompts, silently getting matt and nicks attention. he smiles lightly when he hears your shakey breaths through the phone, trying your hardest to calm down. "good job, you did amazing angel. can you do it again?"