rejected? (part 2)

so there you are, laying on the couch in the shirt that he liked on you, watching the show that he put you on, and drinking his favorite drink.

as you take a sip of your pepsi, you wonder if you'll ever actually get over him.

-
two months later

after the whole situation with chris, things were awkward for maybe three days. but with you being so close with his brothers, you were forced to be around him a lot. pretty quickly, things turned back to normal between you two.

your feelings for chris certainly didn't go away. if anything, his respect for you made your feelings come back stronger than ever.

you were getting ready to hang out at the beach with the triplets, thanks to nicks begging. your birthday had recently passed, and having a summer birthday, you had received a lot of bathing suits as gifts.

being very indecisive, you facetimed nick for his help.

after a couple rings, nick picks up. "hi!"

"hey, i need your help. i don't know which swimsuit to wear to the beach and i need you to pick for me." you say, holding the handful of swimsuits in your hand.

"okay, go." nick says, propping up his phone against something on his desk.

"should i try them on or just, like, hold them up?" you ask, sorting them into their pairs.

he hums for a second before checking the clock. "we've got loads of time before we go, you can try them on. so i can get the full effect, ya know?"

you smile and flip your phone down, putting on the first one. it was a baby blue two piece with a top that tied in the back. after getting situated, you flip the camera back up to face you.

nick smiles and nods his head. "that one's cute! matt would like that one. that's definitely an option, how many more do you have?" nick says as you give him a thumbs up and cover the camera again.

"two more." you put on the third one, a baby pink two piece with a metal ring holding together the front of the top. it had blue and orange sea shells and starfish all over it.

you uncovered the camera again and did a little twirl. "that one's cute, but i like the blue one more. it goes better with your skin tone."

"okay, noted. last one!" you say, covering the camera for a final time and sliding out of the blue swimsuit. the final one was one of your favorites- an orange open-back triangle top and matching bottoms.

when you put your phone back up, you were met with more than just nick- chris was there too.

you suddenly felt small and covered your stomach with your arms. "hey chris."

you see him stare at the phone for a second before nick slaps him in the arm. "sorry, hi y/n. i was just getting something from nicks room."

"no you're good, i was just asking his opinion on bathing suits to wear to the beach today." you smile, fixing the straps on your top.

"oh, nice. well if it means anything to you, i like that one. like, really like that one." chris smiles, grabbing a pair of sunglasses from nicks nightstand and walking out of the room.

nick gives a pitiful smile when he sees you standing in your room, your face as red as a cherry.

"i know that whatever i say is irrelevant now that you have his opinion."

you shake your head and sit down on the edge of your bed. "no! no, his opinion means nothing. i'm over him. no!"

he laughs and pulls the phone closer to his face. "you suck at lying, your voice gets super high. i know you still have feelings for him, it's okay."

you sigh and fall back on your bed. "i don't, like, want to! they just won't go away. but whatever, i got rejected once so we're just gonna have to deal with it. now which swimsuit do i wear?" you ask, holding up the blue one in front of your body and removing it to show the orange one.

"i swear to god this has nothing to do with what chris said, but i like the orange one too." he says. you nod and put away the other options.

"when are you guys picking me up? i'm kinda hungry, maybe we could go to a late-lunch-early-dinner or something before?" you suggest, sliding into some jean shorts and a top you found in your closet.

"we can leave whenever, i was just waiting for you."

"well i'm ready whenever you guys are. just text me when you're on your way. thank you for your help!" you say, both of you blowing a kiss to the camera and hanging up.

you still have some time to kill considering they haven't even left yet, so you start dutch braiding your hair, a newfound skill of yours. as you finish one side, you get the "on our way!" text from chris. you love the message, letting him know you saw it.

just as you finish your hair, you hear a honk from the driveway. you grab your phone, water bottle, and towel as you slide on some sandals and lock the door behind you.

"hi." you say breathlessly, sliding into the backseat with nick.

"i missed you, we havent hung out in a while." matt says, pulling out of the driveway.

"bud, it's been maybe two weeks." chris laughs, playing the music again. "so," chris turns around in his seat to face you. "did you end up wearing the orange swimsuit?"

you stay silent for a minute, flustered because of his words. "yeah.. yeah, i did."

"good, you look really really pretty in it." he says nonchalantly, turning back around to face foward in his seat. you turn to nick, giving him a look that screams holy shit! and he returns with a large smile.

you pull out your phone and scroll through instagram until you guys arrive at the beach.

when you four get out, you find a nice spot on the sand to lay out all your stuff. "hey y/n, i left something in the car. can you come with me to get it?" chris says, giving you the look he knows you can't say no to.

"yeah, yeah sure."

the walk to the car is silent. one you arrive to the car, you start asking what he was looking for, but chris cuts you off. "look y/n, i have feelings for you. i know two months ago i shut you down, and i don't know why. i think i was just... scared. scared to mess something up. you're my best friend, i didn't want to change anything for the worse. and i was scared that admitting feelings would make it real and it would be messy. and.. and i cant lose you."

you look at his anxious emotion on his face. you had a lot of things you wanted to say, but you couldn't decide on which one. so instead, you lurched your body forward and pressed your lips to his.

he felt your shaking hands against his chest, so he look the liberty of holding them tightly for some reassurance.

the long-awaited kiss was interrupted by matt clearing his throat and nick with an angry look on his face.

"what the fuck are you two doing?" chris asks, wrapping an arm around your waist.

"i bet nick 50 dollars that your chicken ass would finally tell y/n how in love with her you are." matt chuckles, holding out his hand to nick as he fishes his wallet out of his pocket.

"and thanks to your stupid love, im out 50 dollars."
___
a/n- it's chrissy!!

i didn't proofread this one bc i was in a rush to get it out, i will probably edit later!!

HERES THE LONG AWAITED AND VERY DEMANDED PART 2 I HOPE I DIDNT DISAPPOINT

i love you all!!

xx
chrissy