dont listen

in which chris won't listen to you
___
you facetime chris, super excited to tell him about your day.

he answers without a word, propping up his phone against his monitor with his headset on.

"hi baby, what are you doing?" you ask, hardly able to contain your smile.

"fortnite." he says, jumping around in his chair as he aggressively presses the buttons on the controller.

"can i tell you about my day? the best thing happened." you exclaim, giggling in excitement.

he doesn't answer, but you continue anyways.

"okay, so i was at the mall and you know the thing in drive thru's where somebody pays for the person behind them? well this super sweet girl did that in american eagle and paid for everything i had in my hands which was a solid 5 or 6 items. it was so sweet. and i found an amazing anniversary gift for our one year, and-" you ramble, chris nodding but talking to someone on his headset.

"that's cool." he mumbles, screaming as his character gets shot.

"are you even listening to me?" you ask him.

"that's insane." he mumbles again, clearly not listening.

"i'm going to marry nick tomorrow." you say, testing if he's actually listening to the words you're saying.

"that's cool y/n. FUCKING- HELP ME MATT!" he squeals.

you roll your teary eyes and hang up the phone. it was late anyways, so you decide to put up your phone and try and go to sleep.

-
now normally, you and chris facetime consistently every morning. when you both wake up, you would facetime and get ready together.

he did call you, and you answered. you weren't petty enough to give him the silent treatment, but you were petty enough to treat him the way he treated you.

"good morning, my love." chris greets you, smiling widely and propping up his phone so you can see him.

you don't answer him, just continuing to brush your hair in the mirror your phone was pushed against.

"how did you sleep?" he asks you.

"fine." you reply dryly.

"yeah, i slept fine too." he trails off.

you press your lips together and nod once, turning back to the mirror.

"what are you doing today?" he asks, trying to get you to talk to him.

"nothing."

"well, me and my brothers are gonna go to target. do you want to come with us? you can come back to our house after. we might get some lunch too if you come with us." chris asks, hoping that you'll give him a better answer than you have.

"okay."

"why are you being like this?" he asks, a sad look taking over his face.

"i'm not." you say, picking up your phone and propping it somewhere else so you can start picking out an outfit.

"see, that's what i'm talking about! i haven't gotten more than two words out of you today. did i do something?"

"should i wear blue or orange today?" you ask yourself, holding up two different top options.

"y/n, is this because i was on the game yesterday? i'm sorry, i was in a tournament with matt. i did listen to your day though, i promise. you told me about how a girl paid for your clothes at the mall and how you found an amazing anniversary gift for me. i promise i was listening." chris apologizes, making you turn to your phone.

"then how come you didn't respond? i even said i was going to marry nick and you didn't even bat an eye." you respond, putting down the two clothing options.

"i was too involved in the game. i know i fucked up, i do. im so sorry i didn't give you the attention you deserve. you mean more to me than any stupid game ever could." he says, a look of desperation deep in his eyes.

you let out a sigh and give him a small smile. "i forgive you. just please don't do that again. it really hurt. now do i wear blue or orange?" you hold up the two tops once more, a smile growing on his face.

"you know i love you a lot. and orange, duh."

"i love you too." you smile, putting the blue top back in the closet.

you put your phone face down and change quickly, flipping your phone back to face you when you're done.

"we'll be around to pick you up in about 8 minutes. will you be ready by then?" chris asks as you see him walk out to the van through the screen.

"yeah, that's fine." you say, smiling and waving to matt and nick as chris turns the screen to show them.

"okay pretty girl, i'll see you then." he smiles, saying bye and hanging up.

you slide on some shoes and wait until they arrive.

you hear the horn honk and you go out to the van, getting in the back where chris was sat with you.

he puts his hand on your thigh, kissing your temple as you burst out singing the song that nick had played.

you were happy beyond words that you finally had back the chris you know and love.
___
a/n- IM SO SORRY FOR NOY UPDATING IN LIKE A WEEK I COUOD NOT FIND MOTIVATION FOR SHIT IM SO SO SO SORRY

ITS CHRISSY AND I HOPE YOU REALLY LIKE THIS ONE

AGAIN IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

please send requests it might help get motivated 🤭

xx
chrissy