homesick

in which you're on tour with chris and get homesick

also for the record i never was able to go on the tour so i'm just making shit up just bear with me
___

you lean back against the bunk that you and chris share on the tour bus and sigh.

after chris begged you to join him on tour, you hesitantly agreed. as much as you loved going out on the stage with the people you loved most, you were ready to be home. you missed your family back in boston, you missed your friends back in boston, and you missed being able to have chris all to yourself.

everyone was sitting on the couches watching some tv show in the other room. a couple minutes into the show, you slipped out of the room when everyone was too involved in the show to notice.

you leaned back against the wall on the bunk and start picking at your nails. you feel your eyes start to well up with tears and look up to the ceiling to avoid them from falling.

"hey gorgeous, we're gonna pull up in texas in about an hour. we're staying at a hotel and then we'll go out on stage tomorrow. sound good?" chris says, rummaging through some bin, trying to find god knows what.

"yeah." you say, realizing that it was so very obvious that you were crying.

chris drops what he was looking for and turns around, a soft expression taking over his face. "hey, what's wrong? talk to me sweetheart."

he climbs in the bunk next to you and you wipe your eyes. "i'm sorry. i love being here with you guys, i really do. i promise. i just miss boston so much." you cry, laying your head on his chest.

"i know sweetheart, i know. we all miss home. is there anything i can do to make you feel more comfortable?" chris soothes, taking a strand of your hair and twirling it around his finger.

you sigh and close your eyes. "i don't know. i've already called everyone at home. its just not the same. i mean, i don't even know half the people on this bus. i only know you three and madi. i feel very... out of place i guess. i don't know." you explain, and chris nods his head.

"i understand. if you want, when we get to the hotel, you and i can go out to dinner? just you and me? maybe that'll help you calm down, just being with someone you know." chris suggests, and you crack a small smile.

"really?"

"yeah, of course! the only plans we had tonight were to go swim in the pool and i was going to watch a movie or two with you. i'd rather go out to dinner with my beautiful girlfriend than swim with any of these losers." chris whispers the last part, making you laugh through a tear-stained face.

"do you think you'll be okay for another 56 minutes? i'll stay with you in here the whole time if you'd like." chris asks, checking the gps on his phone.

"no, it's okay. you can go back out there with everyone. i mean, i am going to be stealing you from them for most of the night tonight." you chuckle.

"hey, like i said, i'd rather be with you than those buffoons." chris jokes.

"let's go back out there. i feel bad, even though i don't know most of them i still ditched their asses." you laugh and chris nods.

you both go back into the area where everyone's squished up against eachother, watching some trashy reality tv show.

chris sits down next to you and keeps his hand on your thigh the whole time.

-
when you all pull up to the hotel, everybody checks in and gets to their rooms. you, chris, matt, and nick are all sharing a room with two beds. obviously you were sharing with chris.

you and chris both got all your stuff up to the room, and came right back down to the lobby. chris searched the directions to a nearby pizza place.

it was only a couple blocks away, so you two decided to walk.

as you walked down the street, conversation just flowed easily for you two.

his hand was in yours, and you were talking about if a gorilla could take 100 people.

"of course it could! chris, it doesn't matter if  you're in an open field or an enclosed space, a gorilla could EASILY take 100 people. it doesnt matter if it's 100 body builders or 100 toddlers, a gorilla will ALWAYS win!" you argue, laughing through your words.

"what if they have a gun, y/n? just shoot the fucker, he's done!" chris argues, but you shake your head.

"well, no shit if they have a gun! i'm talking bare hands, no weapons, no nothing!"

"oh, then yeah a gorilla could easily take 100 people." chris says, making you laugh. a breeze flows through the night air, causing you to shiver a bit.

"here, are you cold? have my jacket." chris offers, dropping your hand. he slides his black jean jacket off his arms and drapes it over your shoulders before you could protest. he interlocks his hand with yours again.

"you didn't have to do that, chris. you'll get cold." you say, but chris just shakes his head.

"i'm wearing a tshirt and you're wearing a tank top, i'll be fine." he says. you know you won't be able to win this argument, so you just thank him and go back to talking.

you feel chris rub circles on the back of your hand with his thumb. you look up to a big neon sign, and pull chris' jacket tighter to you.

"this is it. gets us a table please, i need to take a piss." chris says, walking the opposite way of the hostess booth.

"hi, a table for two please?" you ask the waitress. she nods and grabs two menus and leads you to a table near the back.

you sit down just as you see chris come out of the bathroom. you wave him over and he sits across from you.

-
dinner went the same way walking did, you two found random conversation to flow easily.

after ordering, chris let you rant about an odd encounter you had with an old friend a couple days ago.

while you talked, he admired your features. how you'd widen your eyes when you were emphasizing something, how your nose would scrunch up slightly when you smiled, and how your hands did most of the story telling.

chris put his listening ears back on, adding little, "yeah"'s and "no she didn't"'s when necessary.

-
after dinner, you paid the bill (despite chris' protests) and started walking back to the hotel.

you hold his hand again, partly because you were nervous about walking down the street at night, but mostly because you missed his touch.

"thank you for this chris. going out with you tonight really helped my homesickness. i really do feel at home with you." you say, kicking a rock as you walk along the sidewalk.

"anything for you, beautiful." chris says, squeezing your hand.

they say home is where the heart is, and boy was your heart with chris.
___
a/n- it's chrissy back with yet ANOTHER request

this one is one of my favorites i actually love it sm

i hope you all did too

i hope you enjoyed it!!

i love you all

xx
chrissy