dancing 'round the kitchen in the refrigerator light

in which you and chris dance in the kitchen.

in honor of speak now tv, here's a top 5 speak now song 💜

STREAM SPEAK NOW TAYLORS VERSION
___
you wake up and rub your eyes, stretching aggressively. you feel next to you and realize that chris isn't where he was when you both fell asleep. you check the time and see that it reads 2:26am.

you rub your eyes and walk downstairs to get some water. you see chris standing at the fridge, leaning down to search the contents of it.

you walk up behind him and wrap your arms around in a bear hug-like manner.

he turns his head to see who's behind him, and kisses the side of your face.

"hi baby." he says in his groggy morning voice.

"hi sweetheart. what are you doing up?" you ask, removing your arms and getting a bottle of water.

"i couldn't sleep. came downstairs for a snack, but we don't have anything." he explains, moving away from the open refrigerator.

you nod in agreement and lean against the counter, sipping on your water bottle.

you see chris look at you and smile.

"what?" you ask, smiling back at him.

"do you want to dance? ever since you had me listen to that one taylor swift song, all i've wanted to do was dance to it with you." he says, pulling out his phone.

"which one?" you ask, your face flushing red.

"you'll see."

there i was again tonight

forcing laughter faking smiles

same old tired lonely place

you look at chris and smile widely. you set your water bottle down and he takes your hand and pulls you into the refrigerator light.

walls of insincerity

shifting eyes and vacancy

vanished when i saw your face

he puts his hands on your waist and you clasp yours behind his neck as you both start to sway to the music.

all i can say is, "it was enchanting to meet you."

chris sings along to the lyrics, making you smile widely again.

"i can't believe you've wanted to do this since i made you listen to it." you smile.

"the only thing i've ever wanted to do."

your eyes whispered, "have we met?"

across the room your silhouette

starts to make its way to me

the playful conversation starts

counter all your quick remarks

like passing notes in secrecy

and it was enchanting to meet you

"chris, i love you." you say, kissing his nose.

"y/n, i love you more." he says, kissing your lips.

all i can say is i was enchanted to meet you

this night is sparking, don't you let it go

i'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home