rejected?

in which you tell chris how you feel
___

todays the day. you were going to finally tell chris how you feel about him. you've liked him for a couple months now, and nick had convinced you to tell him.

"nick, are you absolutely positive?" you ask, picking at your cuticles.

"yes y/n. i'm his brother, i can read him like a book. he likes you too. go tell him!" nick urges, pushing you off the spot on his bed and waving you to chris' door.

so here you are, standing on the other side of the door. you've come up with three different ways to start the conversation, but you weren't sure which one you were going to go with.

by the time you got your thoughts together, your fist was already on the wood and knocking.

chris yelled "come in!" from the other side and you open the door.

"hey y/n!" he smiles, putting down his phone and sitting up on his bed. "what's up?"

"so, uh.. i like you and i wanted to tell you because i have for a while but it's okay if you don't feel the same but nick was absolutely convinced that you liked me too so i wanted to tell you but if you don't it's fine" you ramble, chris chuckling and putting his hands on your shoulders.

"slow down. i didn't get a word you said." he chuckles.

you take a deep breath and start over.

"i like you, chris. way more than friends do." you say, looking at his face.

he frowns slightly, which makes your heart drop. "y/n, you know you're my best friend, but i don't see you as any more than that. i'm sorry."

you feel your heart drop again, but you force a smile for him.

"oh.. okay. i just wanted to tell you. i'll see you around i guess." you say, getting off his bed and leaving his room.

you walk back into nicks room, and he has a wide smile on his face. "so, howd it go, miss christopher sturniolo?" he jokes, but tears just come to your eyes.

"fuck you! he didn't feel the same! i knew i shouldn't have told him, but you were so convinced that you could read him like a book that i just embarrassed myself in front of my best friend!" you yell, pacing around nicks room.

"y/n, im so sorry. i was so sure he liked you too." his face washes over with guilt and he immediately pops up to comfort you.

"well he didn't. and now things are going to be super fucking weird." you sigh into nicks shoulder.

"i'm really sorry."

"no, it's fine. i think i'm going to go home, though." you say, grabbing your phone off nicks bed and putting it in your pocket.

"i totally get it. feel better, y/n." nick says, giving you a hug one last time.

you keep it together until you get in the car, that's when everything kind of just hits you at once.

as you cry behind the wheel of your car, chris watches from his bedroom window.

it breaks his heart to see his best friend like this, but it truly hurts more to know that he made you feel like this.

you drive away and to your house quickly. you flop down on the couch and pull out your phone. you start typing and deleting a whole bunch of drafts to chris, all different variations of 'it was a dare between me and nick,' or some sort of 'i was just joking, you're just my friend.'

in the end, you decided to just leave it and give him space.

so there you are, laying on the couch in the shirt that he liked on you, watching the show that he put you on, and drinking his favorite drink.

as you take a sip of your pepsi, you wonder if you'll ever actually get over him.
___
a/n- it's chrissy!

this one was kind of poorly written because i hate writing breakups and stuff like that unless it already happened, like i don't like writing the process. yknow?

i hope you still liked and enjoyed it!

xx
chrissy