anxiety attack

in which you're at a party and have a anxiety attack

you and chris aren't dating, just best friends!

___

you're not a huge partygoer and everybody knew it. but when madi begged you to attend this party at her house, you just couldn't say no.

you and parties didn't mix. you always thought there were too many people, it was too loud, and it was always far too crowded. it just made you anxious and ready to go home. you always felt out of place at these type of events.

chris was the only person who knew about your anxiety. he was your best friend, and you like to believe that you were his (outside of his brothers of course.)

he was the only person who didn't treat you differently once he knew about your anxiety. he was always there for you whenever you were struggling with it.

the second madi asked you to this party, you knew it wasn't going to end well. you tried absolutely everything to prevent an attack. you took your medication right before leaving, you had your water bottle with you at all times, and you were wearing one of chris' hoodies. even though you had no feelings for one another, he still made you feel safer than anybody ever could.

none of that really helped though. so here you are, shaking on the floor of the bathroom with your knees to your chest while madi frantically calls chris.

"chris, you need to come to my house right now." she says, rubbing your shoulder as you zone out.

"she's like shaking and stuff. i think she's having an anxiety attack or something. you need to come over right now."

you feel your breath start to pick up again as madi hangs up the phone.

"you're okay babe, chris is on his way." she soothes. the thought of chris calms you for half a second, but then you realize that he's not really here with you.

downstairs, chris opens the door and tries to push his way past the crowd of people.

"hey, who are you?" some girl asks, pushing her body against chris.

"uh yeah, excuse me please." chris says, pushing her out of the way and running up the stairs to the bathroom. he opens the door and kneels down in front of you.

"madi, can you excuse us for a minute?" chris whispers to madi, and she nods and walks out, shutting the door behind her.

"hey y/n, can you take a deep breath for me?" he says, pulling your legs so they're now out in front of you instead of against your chest.

you take a shakey breath in and breath it out like chris told you to. it didn't do much of anything though.

"there we go, good job. can you do it again for me?" he says and you repeat the action.

your breathing regulates after a minute of breathing exercises, and you put your hands over your eyes, rubbing them harshly.

"there you go, i'm proud of you. can i see your pretty eyes, please?" chris says as you take your hands off your eyes.

you sniffle slightly and he takes your hands, pulling you up from the floor.

"i'm sorry." you mumble into his shoulder as he pulls you into a hug.

"don't apologize y/n, you know you have nothing to feel bad for. you can't control this. do you want to go? i'm sure madi won't mind." chris suggests and you agree.

he opens the bathroom door and puts his hand on your lower back, leading you outside as you're still a little shakey.

"hey mads, we're gonna head out. i'm gonna take her home, she's gonna leave her car here." chris yells to madi before she sends you both a thumbs up and you leave.

you get in the back of the van, the other two brothers apparently came along for the ride. chris kicks nick out of the back so he could sit back there with you.

"what happened?" chris asks, making matt lower the radio.

you sigh and turn your head to look at him. "the party was just too much. there were a bunch of weird drunk guys that were being too touchy with me and i couldn't find madi the whole time. and you weren't there with me; it was just stressing me out. thank you for coming to get me." you rant, catching your breath at the end.

"i'm sorry i wasn't. we were planning on going but we were filming. actually, madi's call interrupted our car video which is why everyone's here right now." chris explains.

your eyes widen and you immediately start apologizing. "oh my god, im so sorry! if you guys want to keep filming then you can park and i can like wait outside or something."

"y/n, no. we're not going to leave you alone after you just had an anxiety attack, that's the worst thing that we could do." matt says to you through the rear view mirror.

"yeah, we can continue another night. this video sucked ass anyways." nick adds on.

"thank you guys." you say as they pull into their driveway.

"you don't have to thank us, that's what friends are for." chris says as you guys walk into the house.

you really did have the best friends ever, didn't you?
___
a/n- it's chrissy!!!

this was a request from a friend but she didn't want me to @ her

anyways I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS ONE AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE NEXT ONE

xx
chrissy