enemies to lovers

in which you're neighbors with chris sturniolo, who has always hated you. until things changed one rainy night
___

you and chris have been neighbors since you both were born. for some reason neither of you could explain, chris absolutely despised you. even when your parents forced him and his brothers to hang out with you, he hated you. nick and matt hit it off with you just fine, but you just could not get on chris' good side.

he was the popular jock type that every girl at the school wanted, but he didn't have a girlfriend. he was riding solo and you couldn't understand why.

you and chris didn't have any classes together, but being neighbors and the same age, you saw eachother quite often. you had every class with at least one of his brothers and you typically went over to the sturniolos house to work on homework with matt and nick. chris would throw the same sour puss temper tantrum every time he saw you on his doorstep.

you didn't let it get to you though. you knew that you had better things to worry about than some petty boy next door.

that morning at school, you realized that chris was a little off when the sturniolos picked you up. usually he would make some sort of snarky remark about your hair, or your makeup, or your outfit, or something that he could pick on you for, but he was just silent. you even tried to initiate it by saying, "didn't you wear those pants three days in a row?" but still, you got nothing. you looked over to nick and he shrugged, suggesting that you ignore it.

you usually see him in the halls, but you didn't at all. not even during free period where you and the triplets would spend it out in the front.

you refrained from asking where he was, not wanting to pull on the string of a sensitive subject if there was something more going on. you figured he probably just didn't want to be around you. he's disappeared for that reason before, but never for this long.

free period ended, signifying lunch. you found him sitting at a table with his brothers, picking at his food in front of him. you sat down across from him as per usual. again, he would normally throw some sort of insult at you, but he didn't.

you had two more classes after lunch. you anxiously sat through them. for some reason, you were very worried for chris. you knew that he would never worry about you this way, which is why your concern for him concerned you.

it's been overcast all day, so you chalked up his gloomy demeanor to the poor weather. the triplets dropped you off at home, and chris still didn't say much of anything to anyone. it was a friday, so you didn't go over to work on homework.

nighttime rolls around and the rain has picked up speed. it's around midnight now, but you're still wide awake, thriving on some crime tv show.

you hear a light tap on your window. you glance over to see chris standing there. your room was on the bottom floor, so occasionally matt and nick would stop by and knock on the window, but never was it chris.

you paused your show and opened the window for him to climb in.

"what are you doing here? my dads gonna flip if he hears you." you whisper-yell, shutting your door and the window.

"i'm sorry. i cant sleep."

chris pulls down his hood, exposing his red eyes.

"have you been... crying?" you ask, looking at him.

"i don't want to talk about it." he mumbles, sitting down on your window seat.

"then get out of here, my dad will seriously kill us both if he sees you in here." you warn, opening the window back up.

"i need you, y/n."

"real funny chris, everyone and their mom knows that you hate me." you laugh, but your face falls when you realize that he was in fact, not joking at all.

"i need you more than i hate you. please." his voice cracks, making your heart break.

"come here." you say, embracing chris in a hug. you plant a kiss in his wet hair as his body shakes with sobs.

"i've got you. you're okay. you're safe, i promise i'm still here. i'll always be here." you soothe as his body slowly calms down.

pretty quickly, chris realized that he had no real reason to hate you. in fact, a week after this late-night event happened, he even asked you out on a date. you said yes of course. something about that night sparked something inside the two of you.

and whatever it was, you both were incredibly glad it happened.
___
a/n- i 100% stole this idea from tiktok

anyways ITS CHRISSY

DID YOU GUYS LIKE THIS OME

bc i sure am a sucker for enemies to lovers

i'm still in the process of writing the nate sister (pt 2) because it's taking fucking eons

anyways i love you all and i hope you liked it

xx
chrissy