jealous

in which chris gets jealous

chris can drive in this!
___

you were perched in your corner at the barnes and noble table, typing away at your computer and nursing a large cup of iced coffee you picked up on your way there.

you were finishing an essay for your college class that you've put off until the last three days. your boyfriend, chris, was working at the house with his brothers, and naturally causing a lot of ruckus. so with a parting kiss on the cheek, you told him you were headed out to work on your essay.

it was nearing 12:15, and you arrived around 10:30. the rain outside has picked up, which made you enjoy your time inside all the more. some soft music was playing through your airpods as you finished your conclusion.

you skimmed over it quickly, making sure everything fit the criteria. you take the airpods out of your ears and put them in the case, sliding them in your backpack pocket. you look around the store, and you see a kind-looking boy sitting at the table next to you.

he looks about your age. he's reading the sun is also a star and sucking on a blow pop.

needing a new pair of eyes, you collect your stuff and slide into the chair next to him. "excuse me, i'm sorry to bother you, but could you read over my essay? it's for my college class and i'd like a new pair of eyes to check for any major mistakes."

he flashes you a bright smile and puts his bookmark in his book. "yeah, of course! i'm noah." he smiles, sticking out his hand for you to shake.

"i'm y/n. if you see any mistakes or anything, just like, highlight them or something and i'll fix them after." you say, returning the shake, turning your laptop towards him, and scrolling to the top.

"alright, i'll let you know." noah says, starting to read. while he's reading, you hear him clicking around on the keyboard every once in a while. you look around at your surroundings while he edits, watching the rain fall from outside the windows.

after a couple minutes pass, he lets out a breath and turns the laptop to you. "okay, it's pretty good."

"only pretty good?" you tease, laughing with him.

"okay, it was very good. just a couple grammar mistakes that i highlighted in yellow, and i fixed two run on sentences for you. those are just little minor ones, i want to show you something in this paragraph that can really make your essay so much better." noah explains. you nod and scoot closer to him to see what he's talking about. you're so close that your shoulders are touching, but neither of you are paying attention to it.

"so right here, you could-" noah starts to explain, but chris walks up to your table and catches your eye.

"chris! i didn't know you were here. oh yeah, chris, this is noah. noah, this is my boyfriend, chris." you introduce, noah sticking his hand out for a handshake, but chris just glaring at it.

"we're leaving. come on." chris says, grabbing your wrist and pulling you towards the door.

"oh, okay. give me a second.." you say, rapidly packing up your stuff. "thank you so much for your help, noah!" you call out as chris is dragging you out the door.

"you're very welcome, y/n!"

chris pulls you to the car and shuts the door behind you.

"chris, what is your problem?" you say, exasperated. you throw your bag in the backseat and settle into the front.

he ignores you, just tightens his grip on the steering wheel hand and stares straight ahead. you could see the veins in his hands when his grip tightened, and you swooned in your seat. you shake out of the trance through and wave your hand around to get his attention.

"hello?"

"who was that." he asks, phrasing the question like a statement.

you roll your eyes. "i told you, that's noah. he was reading my essay for me after i finished it. and he was about to give me some feedback but then you went fucking haywire."

"why were you literally sitting shoulder to shoulder with him? you were practically sitting on his lap, y/n." he says, pulling into the parking lot of olive garden. neither of you get out of the car though.

"he was helping me edit it! i was not sitting on his lap chris, what are you talking about?i met the guy like, 7 minutes ago. why do you think i'd throw away a 2 year old relationship for somebody i met 7 minutes ago?" you ask, raising your voice i little louder than intended.

"i just don't like it when you're that.. close to guys i don't know." his voice goes small, making your expression soften.

a smirk spreads across your face and you shift in your seat to face him. "you're jealous."

his face turns red and he covers it with his hands. "you know how i get. i'm sorry."

"chris, just tell me when you're jealous instead of snapping. i don't care when you're jealous. it's cute, actually." you say, taking chris' hand in yours.

"shut up! i'm not cute, i'm manly."

you laugh and kiss him quickly. "i love you. now can we go inside and eat?"

he kisses you back and unlocks the car. "duh."

chris held your hand on your way inside, not letting go once.

getting jealous wasnt in his nature, so on the rare occasions he did, it caught you off guard.

but you weren't lying, it was pretty cute.
___
a/n- it's chrissy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this one was forced as fuck because i cant find motivation for absolutely anything

hashtag season depression peaks in the summer

anyways i hope you enjoyed nonetheless

i love you all!!

xx
chrissy